Be With Me - Chapter eight

Josh's Pov.

'Hey josh!' I turned around to see a girl with a big nose, blonde hair, blue eyes and a lovely figure. I felt like I'd seen her before... somewhere. 'You never called me back' she said playfully. Oh shit, I racked my brains for her name.

'Oh, shit yeah sorry.. My phone broke..' I turned and carried on walking toward the house, with her in my shadow. Zero fucks were given right now I did not have time for peoples shit.

We walked inside together - well she clung behind me like a needy kitten - and headed to what looked to be the dance floor, as soon as we were in the middle of everyone she began grinding on me, placing my hands all over her body... I swear this is a form of rape.

Then her name hit me, Slutty Sophie! Oh shit, I need to make a quick getaway.

'Want a drink?' I asked her, she nodded and pulled me in for a kiss before I left. Ew.

I manovered my way through the sea of bodies grinding against each other, nodding and saying 'Hey' to a few people I saw on my way...

I made my way to the kitchen and joined a game of 'Never have I ever'...

I took four shots before the games even begun; drunken states help me forget things, so why not. There's really not much I've not done before so this should get me pretty wasted quickly. I silented thanked myself for being such a hoe.

'Never have I ever... Had sex outside.' An attractive brunette said.

I smiled. 'I'll change that for you if you want' I said seductively winking, the entire circle chuckled along with us as she blushed, staring at me.

'You drink if you have done right?' Stacy asked.

'Stace, for the millionth time, yes!' Luke said in exasperation. I looked at him and winked, he'd 'been there' quite a few times.. tragic. Still wouldn't stop him tonight though I bet.

I took a sip out of my drink, as did Luke, Jay, Harriet and Anthony, as we all smiled at our personal memories.

'Never have I ever... Been in love...' Luke said, these words struck me hard and sent me down a different path. But what is love? Did I love my ex? I suppose I love Rhiannon, but I don't love her I don't think, I don't even know what it's like to feel love? I suppose I love my family, but so-

'Oi, Josh..' Luke said waving his hand in front of my face. 'It's your turn'.

I blinked and picked up my glass, and thought long and hard. 'Never have I ever cheated...' One person sipped their drink in shame..

'Okay, hm.. Never have I ever... Been high.' Jace said, pretty much all of the circle took a drink then, laughing slightly.  He raised his hands pointing at those of us in the football team, 'Naughty'.

I put my empty beer bottle down and walked over to the fridge, I opened it and got another beer, heading to join those outside. One downside of being high... the thirst and the heat. I could also murder an entire pizza, or six.

I went to find Jamie again on the porch, and just as I went to walk over I noticed a silhouette on his lap, I smiled to myself chuckling.. He always was a charmer. Poor girl though.

Harriet came and stood beside me at that point, looking in the direction of Jamie and his little friend. She chuckled.

'They're really at it aren't they?' she chuckled.

I laughed and put my arm around her in a friendly hug. 'Yeah, who is the poor girl anyway?' I said taking a sip of beer. She tensed under my arm.

'Erm, I don't know..' she lied. I could tell as she immediately tensed I didn't want to, or need to know the answer, but I sought it out anyway.

I walked over to Jamie in a state of shock and bewilderment... I had the weirdest feeling maybe it was her. But why would she be at masons house party? She hated the cliché of high school house partys, drinking, drugs, sex... but most of all why would she be straddling Jamie? Why would her tongue be down his throat and his hands all over her, why would she be allowing it?

His hands.

Rage filled me. I took a deep breath to calm myself. I'm almost positive it won't be her.

I walked over and stood there for a minute, looking at them, his hands cupping her arse as she straddled him on a bench, kissing desperately. I took her shoulder and pulled it back, and was met by half closed, completely dazed blue eyes.

Rhiannon turned and looked at me, analysing me, looking straight through me, then turned back to my 'friend' and carried on...

In a flash, I pulled her off of him during a stage of sheer anger and punched him, again and again. Three pairs of arms held me back as I went for him again, my vision tinted red and my mouth felt like it was bleeding, I could hardly breathe. Who the fuck does he think he is.

Rhiannon turned around in a whoosh of hair and stared at me like I was a piece of shit on the ground.

'What the fuck josh? My life has nothing to do with you anymore!' she spat ferociously. Wow, that hurt more than I expected. 'Stay the fuck away from me!' she slurred. She dabbed Jamie's nose, he brushed her off staring at me.

'leave it, go chill' he said to her. She stumbled inside, barely able to walk, Harriet by her side.

Shit, what have I done..

Luke turned to me looking confused. 'Dude, what the fuck? I know she's your best friend and everything but shit, that was a bit over the top... what brought that on?' he asked.

I looked at the ground in an epiphany... why did I react like that? 'I just get protective of her.. She's innocent and shouldn't be used' I spat... it felt like inside there was another reason on top of this.. But I couldn't seem to put my finger on it.

'I didn't use her!' a Nasal voice broke the silence from the shadows. I jumped and went to punch him in the nose again, then realised how wrong I was.

'Shit, Jamie. fuck man. I'm so sorry, I just - I don't know..' I said to Jamie as I caught sight of his face.

He sighed. 'don't worry, I get it, it's cool... this once. You're lucky she was in the way or I would've definitely kicked your ass you bitch. you owe me for this' he chuckled slightly. Staring at me sympathetically. Luke walked away along with the rest of the crowd as me and josh sat down together.

'mm, well at least your punching skills have improved' He joked. ' I don't know josh.. But, even I can see it. You don't look at Rhiannon the way you look at Jess, or casey, or Sophie, Or Paige, Or Bella, or any of the other girls in your life... Flings or ex's... you look at her different, even I can see that. Is there something going on between you two?' He looked concerned. I prayed he didn't like her.

I rubbed my head in a state of drunken confusion, his words just weren't sinking it, even though all the joking in his voice was gone I just couldn't seem to tune into what he was saying. my head felt dizzy and light, and I knew I was at the peak of my drunkenness..

'Shit, your nose looks pretty bad.. Do you want some ice or something?' I slurred, attempting to stand up and falling back down again.

I laid my head on the wooden table and..

From then on, I remember around 10 minutes of the rest of the night... everything other than that was black and blurry.