5. The Right to Wage War

Chapter 5

                                                            The Right to Wage War

 “Allen?” Laura's light, fluffed voice questions both of them still staring at me, scared.
“What’s going on here?”

They both start to stutter obviously not knowing how to answer. ‘”Allen, I can explain, it’s not what it looks like.” I look at Laura unconvinced. You know I should be pissed, but after what Matt just told me, and the person he displayed while I was questioning him I find it hard to care. However, I don’t like lying whoring slutty two face skanks. So my attention is fully directed at Laura, I narrow my hazel eyes at her and she flinches under my gaze.

“It’s not what it looks like,” I chuckle dryly walking towards the stage, “it looks like you two were dancing and embracing one another.” I climb the stairs leading to the stage top. Matt stays at the middle of the stage but Laura backs a bit in the back of him, as if he is shielding her from me.

“Why are you even here?” he spits, venom dripping off his tongue.

“I left something of mines.” I say calmly pointing towards my bag. I however, do not go over to it. I step forward, getting closer to the two.

“Laura, I want to talk to you for a moment,” I look Matt into his face “Alone.” I say keeping my calm tone. No need to get all dramatic about it.

“No, I won’t let you lay a finger on her.” Matt snarls, his eyes unusually tinged with rage. I cock my head to the side and divert my eyes to Laura.

“My mother taught me to never lay a hand on a lady.” I respond truthfully. I won’t ever touch a lady, it’s unjust. I see Laura’s eye flicker, she believes me.

“It’s okay Matt, you can go.”

I watch as he tenses, balling his fist into a tight ball. He steps from in front of her and comes over to me.

“If you even so much as touch her, I’ll break you face; your little boyfriend isn’t here to protect you.” He hisses. I smirk at his comment. Matt won’t hit me, he couldn’t I’m sure. The rage he is exhibiting is coming from an alternative source and the protectiveness he is displaying for Laura is wrongly placed. He brushes pass me and grabs his bag.

“Matt,” I call. I can hear him that he stops walking. I look back looking into his eyes. “Anger evokes stupidity, but jealousy does far worse.”

He just stares at me blankly, but he knows exactly what I mean. He’s not angry at me because of how I approached Laura, he’s angry at the fact that I’m Sean’s partner. He clenches his jaw before turning and storming out. The door slams and I turn my attention back to Laura.

“My mother taught me that it isn’t right to hit a lady, unfortunately for you, you are no lady.” She gulps.

“It’s not so the fact that Matt is looking out for the likes of you that I find reprehensible, I guess it’s a blonde thing and smacking you upside your head won’t do much good because let’s face it, there’s nothing in there. So, I’ll just ask you this simple question.”

I move closer to her, she doesn’t move this time though, she just stares into my eyes.

“Why on God’s green earth are you Matt’s partner?”I can sense her fear, though at the moment. She is looking unmoved by the intimidating tone of my voice.