2. It's Blitz!

He’s Blonde??” Kevin laughs due to my misfortune that happened with Matt. I’ve told him everything that happened with the sandy haired blonde boy. I groan, sitting on my bed next to him.

“Don’t you dislike blondes?”

“On the contrary, I loathe them.”

“So tell me what happened, one more time?” he beckons and I sigh.

“We fought and I pulled off that thing on his head and there it was, staring me in the face with all its blondeness.”

“What did you do afterwards?” he lies down on the bed and looks up at the ceiling. I follow suit and lay next to him.

“I freaked, I mean he’s…blonde yet I’m still oddly attracted. So I ran out like a Bat out of Hell. ”

“Weird.”

“God, I know, I feel dirty.” I shiver with disgust and he chuckles lightly.

“You know blondes are not all that bad.” I look over at him with a “You’re can’t be serious” look and he shrugs.

“Dude, blondes are the work of the devil, and I’d know my family fights them like every day!” I shriek, throwing my arms up to the sky.

“You need to calm down, it’s not like he’s a demon in disguise or anything…” he trails off and we both look at each other.

“Could he be…?” I follow, we both stare at each other a while longer.

“Nah!” we say in unison and laugh. I love Kevin; he’s such a good friend. He’s always here for me no matter what.

“Boys! Dinner’s ready!” my mother calls us and we both get up off the bed. We both make a break for the door and tried to squeeze through it at the same time.

“Stop. It.” I sneer playfully at him through laughter.

“You stop.” Well if that’s what he wants. I stop tugging and he flies through the door sand crashes onto hallway’s floor.

“Woah boys, mom called.” Drew chuckles, his black haired over his eyes.

“Thanks Big Bro, we’re on our way there now.”  I stick out my tongue at Kevin and skip down the hall and wait for him at the steps. He finally makes his way towards me and we head down to the kitchen.

“Oh, hello boys, take a seat!” mom cheers. She’s always been perky…it scares me a bit really. I see Kevin whiffing in the sweet scent of pasta.

“Here you go.” she whispers putting plates in front of us and it isn’t long before we dig on in.

“So, how was your day?” she asks us, tending to another pot, and from the smoke it’s obviously a potion.

“Interesting…” I answer my mouth full of the saucy delishness.

“Don’t speak with your mouth full Allen and how was it interesting?” her voice questions, I can hear the curiosity tickling her tone.

“Something of Interest happened?” I countered. I don’t want my mom all up in my bees wax!

“He likes the new student in our class.” I choke on my pasta and shoot a nasty look towards Kevin, who is smirking.

“Chew Allen!” she warns, her motherly tone coming to the forefront. Her eyes soften and a smile forms on her face. “So, who’s the girl?” Kevin snorts and my mom looks at him confused.

“Yeah, girl…” he murmurs and I elbow him in the ribs from under the table causing him to choke.

“Are you okay dear?”