8

I yawned as I stretched and sat up on my bed. I was so sore, why? It came rushing back. The hard masculine chest knocking me to the ground, the lights flashing, the loud booming. Then hard arms wrapping around me, a nice calming darkness, soft soothing words, and my star crossed lover.

Was it all a dream? As I looked around no sign of him were to be found. Well except for the fact that I was sore and naked, I would think last night never happened. Maybe it did, and maybe just like the many people from my past, he left. I stood up and draped a blanket around my body.

As I walked down the hall my head started pounding, I saw two sets of stairs before me and I had no idea which one was real. They were both blurry, and moving.

Stupid hangover, stupid Thomas making me fall, In more the just one way, stupid me for being so damned foolish.

I shook my head willing to make it down the stairs. Just as I reached the bottom step I heard the front door being unlocked. Great! Who was it now?

"Robyn?" I soft husky voice called. It surprised me and I couldn't help but run down the last steps, even if I felt like a bobble head.

"Thomas! I thought you had left, or that you had been a dream." I whispered into the crook of his neck as I wrapped my arms around him.

"I'd never leave." He promised as he embraced me in a tight hug.

It smelled delicious! When Thomas returned he had a handful of grocery bags, with bread, bacon, cereal, meat, rice, basically anything we could possibly need! And let me tell you this man can cook! Apparently he studied culinarily arts. And he learned a lot! Yay!

It was around 9:00 am he was eating toast and bacon, and I had yogurt. I normally don't eat breakfast, but I was surprisingly starved and I knew I needed something, even if it was just Greek yogurt and granola.

"So, how exactly does this work out?" I asked.

"How does what work out?"

"Us. How does what we have work out?"

"Well, I'm not entirely sure."

"That's what I thought." I exhaled.

"Well, how do you want it to work out?"

"I don't know!" I threw my arms up in the air. "I just don't want to end up, well falling for you."

"What'd you mean, 'falling for you.?'"

"Falling in love with you. And then regretting the choice I've made. And wanting to get treated instead of dying. What I mean is, no emotions. If we're going to have something, it's going to be purely physical. Nothing else." My face burned as I spoke. "Please, understand that I let you in my life, but that doesn't mean that I will change my decisions."

"All right. Yea, I understand." He smiled, but his eyes said what he dared not speak. In that moment I felt like a monster. A cruel, vicious, cold blooded heartless monster. But, as much as it hurt, it was true. This is what I what I wanted. What I needed. Nothing would change that.

~~~~

David's (Third Person) POV

"All right Dave look, I don't think Robyn would like this."

"Please Cheryl! I need to clear things out. You don't understand! Please! Ten minutes, you can stay right there on the other side of the door if need be!" Dave begged. Cheryl denied.

"No. Dave, I can't do this to Ryn! She wouldn't forgive me."

"Look, all I'm asking for is to know she's okey! And where she is. She doesn't have to know you told me!"

"Fine. She's in uh- hold up." Cheryl ran to her room and returned quickly with pen and paper in hand. She scribbled the address and handed the slip of paper to Dave. After a polite goodbye he was out and on his way.

"All right, c'mon Dave. Let's do this." He gripped the wheel so tight that his knuckles turned white. He took a deep breath as he opened the door and stepped out.

"Here we go." Fixing his hair as he walked up the drive way of the gigantic house. Knock knock knock.
Nothing.
Knock knock knock!

"Hi-oh Dave, hey um wha- what are you doing here?" Robyn answered the door, her hair and clothes disheveled, her eyes bright and crazy.

"Robyn, can we talk please."

"About what?"

"About, well about last time we talked. I don't think you understand what happened, and I want to cle-" A young man popped out from behind Robyn, handsome guy really. And that worried and ticked Dave off.

"Hello there mate. I'm Thomas, and you are?"

"Dave an old friend if Ryn here."

"Ah well then don't mind me, I'll just be on my way." He walked out the front door and headed towards a car, which Dave presumed to be his. Dave nodded as the man, Thomas, went on his way.

"You can come in." Robyn opened the door and led him to the living room.

"Okey, so what do you want to talk about?" Robyn held her ground as she looked sternly at Dave.

"Um look, Ryn I like you. And it's not petty love, as you claim. I rea-"

"Prove it, explain it. Why do you like me?"

"How your raven black hair never quite settles down, how your blue eyes twinkle with happiness when you laugh, or when you try to concentrate your nose crinkles. I like all does rings about you! Your this fun, intelligent, energetic, and feisty girl. Your nerdy and you show it off because you couldn't care less about what others think! Yet your like the prettiest girl I know, and the fact that you don't show it off, that makes you beautiful. Robyn I love that about you." Robyn's eyes watered as Dave finished his speech. She smiled but had a sad look in her eyes, one that shouldn't be there. Not with her, not when she was one of the most positive attitudes, now she seemed lost in a dark pit, a darkness consuming her as she thought of it all.

"Why?" Was all she said before collapsing to the floor.