Chapter 15: Let's Live

Start from the beginning

The time flies real fast, and when the bell rings, means that it's lunch for me, I pull out my mini fantasies. I grab my things and head to my locker, the letters are still there, but I don't pay much attention to it. Instead, I shove my books and close my locker and head to the cafeteria, where my friends are waiting for me.

As always, my friends are there, goofing around. Noah has his arm slung over Gloss' shoulder, whispering, I guess, something naughy in his ear because Gloss' face is completely red. Derek and Rob are talking about the party that will happen days from now. And Nero is shooting daggers at them. Jeez, he is so jealous. I wonder why he just can't be out of the closet and run away with Derek. And as always, the guys make fun of Nero wanting to be with Derek, but Derek wants Ashton, which makes John glare at them, which makes Nero's face red from anger. I guess he's not mad because he's been teased of with Derek, but he's getting mad because the guys are making fun of him by saying Derek wants Ashton and that and this. Derek releases a fake, nervous laugh and Rob's ears perk up, sensing that's something is going on. But he never pushes. I can't be the only one.

Jeric and Tommy notice me and motion for me to sit with them, which I gladly do. Collins and Kevin are, ugh, they are making out. The jocks are ignoring them, but most of the people from the cafeteria are looking at them. Some are filming, some are just looking. Then I remember how great it is to kiss a person with the same gender. How Eros and I kissed. I blush at the thought. There's something in Eros that pulls me closer. I don't know why I'm feeling. But I'm sure I know this.
This feeling. This feeling is the feeling I've been wanting to feel ever since.
Cheesy.

+++

Dad and I are in the living room, eating some nachos with lots of cheese. The channel is on HBO, and the movie is X-Men: Days of Future Past. I so love the movie that I barely eat the mouth-watering, delicious, drizzled in cheese nachos. The scene is where the older X-Men fighting the bitches. One of my favorite character is Blink, who has a power of teleportation. And another one is Mystique. And Ice man. And Storm. And Rogue. I'm sorry but I don't like Cyclops and Wolverine. Blink just got stabbed and I nearly groan in frustration because of it. The last thing I want to happen in this movie is to see my favorite characters dying, that's why I'm hoping for younger Magneto and younger Mystique and younger Professor X to freaking cooperate.

My phone vibrates, indicating that I have a new message. I unlock my phone to see who it is and open the messenger app. It's Chelsie. My eyes roam around the message. She wants me to meet up with her. There's no way I'm going to be with this psycho girl. I can't even believe that I dated this girl. God, what was wrong with me back then? I immediately send a reply to her, saying I can't because I'm busy. That's true though. Dad and I haven't had the chance to have a bonding because of mum and school. Because I had works to do. So this is the best time to busy myself with my Dad.

After the movie ends, Dad turns to me and says he'll be gone for 3 months. I ask him where he's going. He says he's going to Russia for the opening of what would be one of the best and biggest restaurant in town. Yet I ask him why three months. He says he's going to unwine and get out of this stressful place for a while. He says I could come, but there's school. His flight will be two days from now. The invitation is so sudden. That's why he had to board and leave immediately because the opening will be four days from now. I wish him good luck, a little dad because he won't be here for months. I tell him I should probably get going because mum would go ballistic if I would not come home. The sky is turning dark, and that's my queue.

When I get home, there's pretty much shouting in the house and I don't dare enter the house. I can hear Eros' voice booming around the house, so powerful that it affects me and it scares the shit out of me. He's pretty mad. And in seconds, mum is barging her way out, looking guilty but pissed. What happened?
As I enter the house, I can feel the tension through the air. As I make my way into the living room, I see Eros sitting on the couch, both of his hands on his face, looking pissed and trying to get a hold of himself. His breathing is slow, and his whole body is shaking from anger. I don't know what's my reason but I quickly take a seat beside him and pat his back.

Eros jumps off, and as soon as he sees me, he bows his head down and shuts his eyes.

"What happened?" I ask Eros as I run my palm across his back, soothing him.

"Your mum," he spats, "she put this house in a trouble. She freaking sold the house." What? "Earlier, two guys went here, claiming they own this house. I told them they must have mistaken it, but no, they told me Mel sold the house." He almost breaks. "I don't want to lose this house, Mike. This house is from my parents. They want us to leave immediately. I don't know where to go, Mike. Brad. We can't be homeless. I don't have savings. I do. But it's not enough." He rants hopelessly. I feel pretty bad about him. Hoe could mum do this to him? She knew this house is Eros' life. And she ruined it by selling the house. "I don't know where we'll go."

Shocking myself, I say, "I do have a house on my own. We could live there temporarily."

Eros gives me a look, and I know that he's contemplating if he should accept my offer or not. I hope it's the former. He gives me this long, hopeful look and he just hugs me.

I hug him back.

And I know this won't be easy.