Chapter 8

Chapter 8

*Tori's POV*

I dragged myself into the house after such a long day, hurting the door and kicking my heels off.

I let out a breathe at the relief my feet were currently experiencing due to the lack of those tortuous heels. I pulled my hair up into a pony tail, noticing how quiet the house was.

"Liz?" I called out. "Avan"

"In the living room, T." Avan answered.

I picked up my heels and made my way into the dimly lit room.

"Why's it so dark?" I asked, flipping on the light switch.

"SURPRISE!"

I grin made its way onto my face once I saw Liz, Avan, Danielle & the rest of the boys sitting on the floor with a cake in Liz's arms.

I noticed all the sofas were pushed back and the coffee table had been moved to create more space for everyone to sit on the floor.

"Oh my gosh. You guys are so cute. Is that chocolate?" I asked, swiping my finger on the frosting and licking it off my finger.

"Gross." Avan wrinkled his nose.

"Shut up. I'm gonna get changed super quick and we can have some cake." I said, running out of the room.

"Don't cut the cake without me!" I yelled, running into my room.

I quickly changed into a tank top and pyjama shorts and washed all my make up off, feeling much more comfortable before walking back to the living room.

"Cake time." I rubbed my hands together and sat down between Harry and Liam who were cutting the cake.

"You took like 50 years." Liam pointed out, earning a slap on the chest from Danielle as I picked up the large bottle of coke and began pouring it into glasses.

"After being with these 2 for years that was 50 seconds compared to how long they usually take." Avan rolled his eyes.

"Avan, don't make me kick you out on my special day?" I fake-glared at him, screwing the lid back onto the bottle.

"Anyway, where are the other 3?" I asked, noticing Niall, Louis and Zayn weren't here.

"Niall's on his way. He had to pick something up. Zayn and Louis are on the balcony." Danielle answered.

"By something I hope you don't mean Cara. Poor girl's being harassed by him." I said, stand up and straightening my shirt. "I'm gonna go call Zayn and Louis in for some cake."

I walked over to the balcony and opened the glass door, causing Louis and Zayn to stop their conversation and look up at me.

Louis was sitting on one of the small seats whilst Zayn was leaning against the railing, both with cigarettes between their lips.

"Hey guys. Hope I'm not interrupting." I said, leaning against the door.

"You're not. Come sit." Louis invited me, patting the seat beside him.

"Thanks." I said, sitting down beside him.

I watched a Zayn casually exhaled a puff off smoke.

"Oh shit. I should probably put this out." His eyes widened slightly.

"Don't worry about it." I shrugged him off.

"No, it's a disgusting habit. We really need to stop." Louis said, glancing at Zayn.

"Every time I stop, I get super stressed and end up starting again." Zayn explained.

"I don't blame you. You have a pretty stressful year and you guys have had a very tough year." I nodded in understanding.