Practising flicking foreheads

Start from the beginning

"You click my forehead one more time and I'm so sure your deat— ooow"

Rohan looked at me with his eyes glinting. Even though his face was passive, his eyes were smiling. And I felt the anger in me slip away as my ordinary black eyes got lost in his rich black ocean. An ocean which was once so hard to read but an ocean which is now the mirror of his emotions.

I was pulled away from my mesmerized state when I heard Rohan say something.

"Sorry," I said, "I didn't hear it. Repeat."

Rohan gave me a small smile.

"You say I was sleeping instead of studying," he stated.

"Yes..." I dragged without knowing how else to respond.

"And what were you doing?" he asked emphasising 'you.'

"Of course, studying nimrod," I said stating the obvious.

Rohan considered me coolly.

"I was referring to what you were doing before ten—" he said, "—at night."

"Uh..." I dragged smiling sheepishly. He caught me.

"Yes?" he asked as his eyes shone with a mild tint of victory.

"Hanging out with Ryan," I admitted.

Rohan flicked my forehead again, this time not so painfully.

"See my point?" he asked as if I was a little kid.

"Yep."

We both remained silent for a few minutes since our little conversation was over.

After waiting for few more minutes to see whether any potential conversation would start, I turned and took my Math note out and started working on the homework since it didn't seem like the teacher was coming anytime soon.

It has been more than fifteen days since I came here. Rohan and I aren't the best of friends. We talk. Nothing serious or anything. Just exchanging pleasantries and stuff you talk with your bench partner.

During this small period of time, I understood one thing. It was so evident from the moment I started conversing with my roommate. Rohan was not stoic by choice. He was just shy and didn't know how to react when people addressed him. Maybe it was because he never conversed with anyone. Or maybe he was simply an introvert. I don't know.

At first I thought his eyes were so blank. But after spending time with him, I saw something. His eyes weren't blank. It was a mirror of what he was feeling at the moment. It was like a canvas which paints his moods on it. And that was the purest thing I'd ever seen in a human being. Only children had such purity in them and it was so surprising to see the same amount of purity in his eyes.

And that was enough proof that he wasn't hiding anything. He wasn't a delinquent. He wasn't a troubled teenager. He wasn't a spoilt rich brat. He wasn't under drugs. Because every human being develops the art of masking their emotions as years pass by. Either intentionally or unintentionally. That was part of growing up. But Rohan's eyes didn't do that. He was purer than any guy in this class. Than any guy I'd seen. Even purer than Jeremy. Or even me. And that was certainly very rare to find in this age.

Rohan's a rarity.

He was a gem. The purest diamond I had seen.

And I was glad I came to meet a boy with such an innocent heart who did not even know how to mask his feelings.

Yep. I was glad. Like, very glad.

"Your note is ruined," an amused voice pulled me from my internal appreciation of my roommate slash classmate slash bench partner.

"My note is what?" I asked as I glanced at him, dazed.

Rohan flashed me another half awkward smile of his. His trademark smile. Yet the amusement in his eyes was so full.

"I said that your note is ruined," he said with an awkward cough like chuckle, "Look."

I glanced at where his finger was pointed and I wanted so badly to face palm myself when I saw what my stupid self has done.

As a result of my most sincere speech inside my mind, my hand had unknowingly pressed my fountain pen on the note so hard that the nib was broken and a big royal blue blob was present there. Because of the liquid, the paper was soggy and looked so messed. So was the few papers beneath it.

I face palmed.

Yep. Literally this time.

Why couldn't I do something really serious like how all the females in a film or book do when they were explaining something.

I was so stupid.

But a laughter from a voice, which is always shy, beside me made me smile internally. At least I made him laugh without sounding so shy or closed off. And that's something.

Say that to yourself to make you feel like you achieved something great.

Aw shut up.

***********************************

Let's take the world tonight ~ Shane Harper

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE. LOVE.