Oscar Nomination

2020 A/N: I'm really sorry for the late update. I don't have any excuses.

Old A/N: Dedication to my 50th follower :) Do check out her works. She's really nice!

09
Oscar Nomination

<unedited>

I slowly made my way through the now memorised corridors. I had been doing this every week in my four months stay here.

I knew it all started as an act, a mission, but now, a sincere and real friendship was between Rohan and I. At first it was awkward to see him all the time in a wife beater and sweatpants. He didn't care about me since obviously his roommate was a guy. It was even awkward when he put his hands over my shoulder as if I was his mobile pillar of support. He put it because I was a guy and guys don't freak out when their fellow mates put their hands around them. And by now, all my senses had died.

Rohan was still not downright talkative. Hey, that kid was an introvert all his life and just because I came and helped him come out of his shell doesn't mean that he is suddenly a super confident extrovert, the life of a party. He talked to the other guys, laughed at their jokes, tried to make his own jokes and he was taking some initiative. He was improving. And suddenly something hit me.

My mission was over.

Wow. My mission was done.

My mission was done. Finished. Completed. Accomplished.

And for once I didn't feel silly to say that my "mission" was finished. I had proved to my father that Rohan was normal.

I won. We won.

But instead of a triumphant smile, I felt a sting in my eyes. I sniffed as I tried to wipe the colourless liquid from my eye tips without looking obvious.

Guess someone was peeling onions nearby.

And before I knew, I was standing in front of a big oak door with the metal board "PRINCIPAL" screwed to it.

I knocked even though Uncle knew I was coming there right now. But unlike the other visits, I wasn't in a cheerful mood to boost Rohan's improvement. Even without me reporting, he would know everything since he has asked Snape's doppelganger (remember? Our homeroom teacher. Ring a bell? Yeah that guy) to keep an eye. It seemed like he was Uncle's trusted right hand man and in fact he knew I was a girl. He updated Uncle with all the happenings which Uncle delivers to Rohan's dad.

By now, Uncle would know Rohan was okay. He doesn't need me here anymore.

"Come in," said a gruff voice pulling me from my conflicted thoughts.

I opened the door, surprised, since his secretary was the one who always opens the door.

I looked at her empty seat as I stepped in. Uncle's eyes travelled to where I was seeing and he smiled.

"Took a leave," he said mildly, the smile deepening the wrinkles on his face.

I didn't smile back.

Vimal Uncle gave me another smile before he stood from his chair and came towards me. He rested a hand on my left shoulder, his deep brown eyes boring into my black ones.

"Raj"— Snape's doppelganger —" has said that Rohan has improved tremendously.."

I nodded.

"... and that he has new friends."

I nodded again, pressing my toe to the ground so as to control the quiver in my lips.

"Rohit and Rohan seem really close."