21

the next day i was woken up by bella who was shaking me awake. "ashton's in a room and its visiting hours. come on." bella said as i sat up and followed her, along with everyone else. we walked into ashton's room and there he was. he was sitting there, awake. he looked tired, but he was awake. he was watching full house on the old television.

bella sprinted over to her boyfriend and ashton grinned up at her before she pulled herself down and kissed him passionately. ashton pulled away and cupped her face in his hands. "did you get enough sleep?" he asked softly.

"no, but its okay." bella answered truthfully. ashton rolled his eyes and rubbed their noses together.

"you really need to get some rest." he chuckled.

"how you feeling, buddy?" michael asked as he walked toward the edge of the bed, everyone following his actions so we were all surrounding him.

"a little in pain but I'm all right. i asked the surgeon if i could keep my appendix in a jar, but they said no." ashton snickered and everyone laughed, but bella just wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him as he hugged back.

"you're stuck with us for the holidays." calum smiled.

"i guess so. dang it." ashton jested.

"we should totally plan christmas for all of us! it'll be a little couple's thing!" haley exclaimed and michael nodded with a childish grin on his face.

"not exactly a couple's thing." ashton said as he exchanged some looks between luke and i. the two of us rolled our eyes as our friends laughed at us.

i still had to break up with lucky. i made a promise to myself before i slept that i'd find a way to take him somewhere after his photo shoot to tell him. now was the time and he had already agreed to talk over coffee.

i squeezed the foam cup between my hands and looked into lucky's eyes. "what did you want to talk about, babe?" lucky asked with his smirk after he ran his hand through his hair.

now was the time. just do it. shia labeouf would be proud of you. "lucky, you're a great guy and I'm really thankful for all of the things you've done for me over the past few weeks." i started.

"you're a great girl too, jade." lucky smiled and sipped his coffee.

"but, lucky," i started, then gulped, "i have to end this."

lucky's face went from happy and full of life to colorless. "why?"

"i uh... i love someone else. and i can't date you if i love someone thats not you, lucky. I'm sorry." i said softly. "i just wanted to tell you that and I'm sorry if leaving right now isn't the best thing, but i have to be somewhere. i need to apologize to someone."

just as i was getting up and starting to walk out, lucky took my hand and made me turn toward him. "c-can we at least still be friends?" he asked with so much eagerness in his voice. i giggled and nodded. he pulled me into hug and kissed my hair. "thank you for everything that you've done to make me happy for the past couple weeks. and thank you for being honest."

i smiled and pulled away from the hug, walking out of the coffee shop.

i took a deep breath in before opening the door to my apartment. i stopped in my tracks and stood there in shock when i saw piper crying and putting on her shoes.

"hi, jade." she snickered between her tears and slung her purse over her shoulder.

"what the hell happened?" i asked.

"you could ask your roommate. ill see you around." she mumbled before walking out of the apartment. i furrowed my brows and turned the corner to see luke sitting on the couch, running his hands through his hair.

"what the hell was that?" i asked. luke's head jolted up and he stood from his spot and started walking toward me.

"i broke up with her." luke replied once he was in front of me. i gave him a confused look.

"i just broke up with lucky too." i said softly. "anyway,"

"i need to talk to you." we both said at the same time.

"you first." i offered, poking his shoulder.

"all right." luke cleared his throat, "i realized i was being a complete jerk and that i wasn't thinking about your feelings. i actually went out with piper as a distraction from you, but it just wouldn't work. obviously making out with her didn't do shit... and i also realized that leaving those marks out was a bad idea for the both of us because not only did you get angry, my mother did as well." i chuckled at that last part and he gave me a shy smile before continuing, "and i honestly can't get over you and i know we have been through a lot together over the past month. i want that to change. i want us to become closer and i want us to still connect and make breakfast for each other and stay up until three in the morning watching pointless movies and youtube videos. i want my best friend back."

"did you just friendzone me again?" i blurted. he laughed and looked at his feet.

"no." he mumbled with a blush forming on his cheeks.

"well could i be completely honest here, hemmings?" i asked.

"yeah." he nodded, finally looking at me. here we go...

"i love you."

"good, cause i love you too."

***

next chapter is the last chapter omf