06

the movie ended and i pushed my plate onto the coffee table. "so he just rejected you straight away?" sam asked.

"yup." i sighed.

"we totally thought he liked you a lot. from the way he was looking at you and his actions." sam said.

its true, though. luke always puts his arm around me, smile at me when he talked and took me everywhere with him. he preferred me over his guy friends.

"i think that's absolutely stupid of him." bella said angrily.

"well you can't exactly control someone's feelings. and you shouldn't go out with someone you don't think of that way. so rejecting marcus from middle school was a good thing." i pointed out.

bella and sam burst out laughing and sam managed to choke out, "y-you still remember marcus?"

i rolled my eyes and pulled the blanket over me more as i rested my head onto my fist. "yup. i do. it doesn't matter anymore because he probably has a hot girlfriend by now thats much better looking than me."

"you're the hottest girl we know, jade." bella said as she patted my back.

"thanks, man." i chuckled.

"you can sleep over if you want. it gets a little lonely around here without haley." bella offered. i nodded quickly when those words came out of her mouth.

"thank you so much. i don't think i can survive in that apartment alone with him." i sighed. even though i should avoid luke, i had to text him letting him know where i was because the last time i didn't tell him where i was overnight, he called all his friends asking where i was and i ended up with 20 missed calls.

jed: staying over at bella's for the night. thought id let you know because you freak out over stuff like that.

surprisingly, he replied immediately. 

lucass: ok. and i freak out because i don't want you being kidnapped or raped or some shit like that. stay safe.

***3rd person oops***

luke locked his phone and set it down on the coffee table. "what did she say?" calum asked.

"she's staying over at bella's." luke replied, not removing his eyes from the television.

"i know you don't like her in that way but at you could've at least comforted her afterwords. not avoid her." ashton said.

"i don't know, ashton. maybe girls are too sensitive after they get their heart broken like that." michael scoffed.

"you know nothing about girls." ashton muttered.

"i have a girlfriend!" michael snapped.

"okay, shut up for a second." luke groaned. "i don't know how to deal with girl's feelings. it just weird how my best friend for so many years has a crush on me. we're roommates, how much more awkward can it get?"

"how much more awkward?" calum asked, chucking.

"you failed english, cal. don't even try correcting him." ashton snickered.

"like you're any better." calum retorted, leaving ashton in a giggling mess.

"I'm pretty sure all of us failed english." michael laughed.

luke facepalmed and got up to leave the room. he can't deal with his goofy friends right now while he's trying to talk about something serious. honestly, luke would be running to jade and talking about it with her, but he obviously can't do that.