XXVIII

"After I found out you were in foster care I figured Helga left you there because she couldn't handle you. And the last time I heard of your father, he was dead. I'm sorry."

"Why didn't you come find me sooner?"

Emma, Ingrid and Killian were sitting in the living room area, a cup of cocoa in each of their hands, except Emma's. Her arms wrapped around her drawn-up knees.

"I wanted to wait until you were old enough to understand."

"Like I'll ever understand." She sighed.

"I know that it's a lot to ask, but I'd really like to get to know you better." She looked at Emma with a flicker of hope in her eyes.

"I guess it wouldn't let be so bad." She mumbled and looked back.

Killian smiled softly, "You want that cocoa now?"

She nodded and looked down at her feet as he walked to the kitchen.

"He seems a bit older. Is he a... boyfriend?" Ingrid asked with a knowing smile.

"He's... more of just a good friend who looks years beyond his time." She lied. Not exactly wanting to scare away her birth mother by telling her she was dating her history teacher and that he had knocked her up. Not yet at least.

He came back and sat next to Emma, handing her the black mug. She took it and took a sip at the warm drink.

"When are your parents going to be home? I would really like to explain this to them." Said Ingrid.

"They'll be in soon. And I have to go." Emma said standing up, "You could stay until they arrive, if you'd like."

"No, that's okay." She smiled and got up taking her bag, "I'll come back another time."

She nodded, "Well then, see you later."

"Here." She handed Emma a little piece of paper, "That's my phone and home address. Call or come by whenever you'd like."

She took a deep breath looking at the piece of paper, as if it was pressuring her into the whole thing, "Thanks."

"See you later, Emma." She smiled and held her hand out.

She looked at it and instead went in for a hug, which was gladly returned, "Bye."

Killian was in the back seeing the two already being so close with each other.

Ingrid pulled back with teary eyes, "Bye." She said before walking out the door.

He stepped up to Emma and rubbed a hand along her arm, "You okay?"

She nodded, "I think so. Now, please take my back to your house."

He smiled a little and nodded, "Take your things, I'll be in the car." He said before heading out the door.

She looked down at the piece of paper with the written information. Feeling her heart pound in her chest. She has a mother. How would her parents react to this?

With a shake of her head, she stuffed the paper back into her pocket and grabbed her clothes before getting out and climbing into the car.

"Did you grab that sexy black thing I like?" He grinned at her.

"Yes." She smiled a little and held up the dark lace garment, "Why don't you just call it a lingerie?"

He shrugged and smiled looking at it, "Oh how I love that thing."

"You only saw the picture of when I tried it on in my camera roll." She snickered.

"And I loved it." He leaned over and kissed her cheek before driving off.

"You'll love it more tonight." A smirk played on her lips as she buckled up.

"Will you wear your glasses?" He gave her a begging look.

"Why do you like them so much?"

"Cause they're sexy."

"Sure." She laughed.

A few minutes later they were in his house, he was making lunch and as usual she was sitting on the kitchen counter watching him while swinging her legs back and forth.

"So, what did you think of your mom?"

"She's not really my mother. Jenna is my mother. She's just the woman who gave birth to me." Emma answered.

"You're still gonna meet up with her, right?" He turned his head to look at her, his hand still stirring the wooden spoon.

"Yeah. But Jenna will always be my mother."

He nodded and turned his eyes back to the pot on the stove, "So... you're not going back to school on Monday?"

"Nah. I'll talk to my parents about home school. I'm gonna start to blow up soon anyway and I don't want people judging me." She hoped off the counter and stepped up to him, moving her arms around his torso.

"Well, more time for us." He smiled and turned off the stove. "Lunch's ready."

"What will we eat for dinner?"

"Pizza."

"Oh I love you." Emma grinned.

He chuckled setting the pot aside and turning to face her, "Love you too."

She leaned up, standing on her tippy toes and pressing her lips to his.

-
Sorry this chapter was short and crappy :( Next one will be better.