Ashton sighed in defeat, glancing over at Michael to say something.

     "Just don't bring anyone back with you. I'm going to be asleep and I don't need to hear moaning from my bedroom," Michael scolded, and Ashton just gave Michael a look that said: that's all you're going to say?

     Calum didn't answer; he just grabbed his keys and headed out the door. I felt Ashton's eyes on me, but I tried to only pay attention to the movie and not think about anything else.

     "Luke, are you okay?" Ashton asked, but I stilldidn't look at him. "I can't believe Calum would go out to a party for a goodtime; especially now that he knows how you feel about him."

      I bit my lip, holding back a sigh. "Let's just focus on the movie."

Ashton seemed taken aback by my response; I'm never usually so forward with him.

     I guess none of us were acting like ourselves today.

[x]

     Calum didn't end up coming back until around four in the morning, and I only knew that because I heard the sound of his shoes hitting against the hardwood floor and the jingling of his keys in his hand.

     It wasn't long until I heard my door creaking open—why would Calum be coming in my room? I eyed him somewhat suspiciously, giving him a look of confusion.

     "What are you doing in here?"

     "I'm gon' sleep," Calum answered, beginning to undress. He slipped out of his jeans and took off his shirt, but unfortunately it was too dark in here to see his perfectly toned body. Calum made himself comfortable, slipping under the covers like it was nothing. "Hey Luke?"

     "Yeah?"

   "Why are you in my room?"

     I bit back a laugh. "Calum, this is my room."

     "What makes you think you can just take my room while I'm gone, huh?" Calum asked, too wasted to realize he wasn't making any sense. I just let it go; he wouldn't remember it in the morning, anyway.

     I could feel the warmth radiating off of his body even though we weren't touching, and I could picture the way he looked with his eyes fluttering shut even though he was facing the opposite way. Calum turned to face me for a moment, and even though it was hard to see him, I could feel his breath on my face.

     "Are you tired?" I asked, my voice softening a little.

     "Not really," he slurred, "why? you wan' talk?"

     "About what?"

     "Whatever you want," Calum yawned and stretched his arms, smiling at me. I adjusted the way I was laying, turning completely on my side so it would be easier to look at him and talk to him.

     "How was your um, night out?" I asked awkwardly, because in all honesty, I wanted to know. I was curious if he met anyone, danced with anyone, how much he drank—I was just concerned.

     "It was fun," he answered abruptly, letting out a chuckle afterwards. "I didn't bring anyone home so you know I didn't really meet anyone."

     I bit my lip, the thought of Calum with someone made my face fall. I was hoping it was too dark for him to see the look of devastation on my face; I was never one who was good at hiding how I feel for the sake of someone else.

     "So you didn't hook up with anyone or anything? Didn't have sex?" I awkwardly asked, immediately wishing I hadn't.

     Calum gave me an odd look before answering. He shook his head, "no. I wasn't really looking to meet anyone, yah know? I would want to find someone naturally; just wait for the time to come where the person I was destined to be with was right in front of me."