Chapter Five

• Edited • Rewritten •

   The next day was pretty much the same for Michael, except that the coffee shop wasn't as busy. It was a rather calm day until Jayden came bursting through the door just before closing time.

   "LOOK WHAT I'VE GOT!" She was waving an envelope above her head with a big grin on her face. Michael lifted his head from where it was resting next to the cash register.

   "Yay, you've got an envelope, how exciting." The words rolled off his tongue with sarcasm. His head was now resting in the palm of his hand as his eyes followed Jayden's movement. She skipped up to the counter, the grin on her face never fading.

   "Open it." Jayden held the envelope in front of Michael's face.

   "What?" With a raised eyebrow, Michael lifted his head and grabbed the envelope from her hands.

   "Just open it." She squealed and clapped her hands. Michael exhaled before opening the envelope, he glanced up at Jayden's happy face.

   "Why are you acting so... weird?" he asked before slipping the content into his hand, his eyes still on Jayden's face.

   "Read it." She giggled. "Out loud." Michael shook his head, never had Jayden ever behaved like this.

   "Live nation proudly presents 5 Seconds of Summer Sounds Live Feels Live..." Michael read out loud. He looked up at Jayden and then looked at the paper in his hands again. He read it over in his head twice before everything fell into place.

   "Wha- Ho- Jayden?! What the fuck is this?!" She squealed loudly and grabbed his shoulders from across the counter. Her piercing blue eyes stared into his emerald green once.

   "CONCERT TICKETS!!" A spark was ignited inside Michael's eyes when the words left Jayden's mouth.

   "Are you serious?! This isn't a joke right?!" The smile on Michael's face was bigger than ever.

   "I'm serious, we're seeing 5sos in two weeks!!" Michael jumped over the counter and hugged his best friend tightly.

   "But what about Jax-"

   "Already taken care off, Red was more than willing to assist." Jayden interrupted.

   "Thank you so so so much!" Tears welled up in Michael's tired eyes and he squeezed Jayden a bit tighter. Jayden squeezed him back.

   "I'd do anything to make you happy."

   When Michael laid down in his bed that night he couldn't stop thinking. He was really going to see the band he had adored for so long.

   For the first time in years Michael fell asleep early with a big smile on his face.

   "Wake up." Michael grunted and turned around, pulling the duvet closer to his naked chest.

   "Wake up." As Michael became more and more conscious, he could feel small fingers poking him.

   "Go away." He mumbled into the pillow. A sigh was heard from next to the bed before the sound of footsteps appeared. The footsteps disappeared down the hall and Michael smiled happily and hugged his pillow tighter, intending to go back to sleep.

   A piercing scream left Michael's lips as ice cold water was dumped over him.

   "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!" Michael shrieked, looking over at his grinning brother.

   "You promised to drive me to Tommie's today and you wouldn't get up, so I thought pouring water on you would help and it worked because you're awake now." Jaxon said, looking as proud as ever.

   "Why was I ever allowed to raise you?" Michael asked himself, shaking his head. Jaxon laughed and ran out of the room with the empty bucket in his hands, his laughter echoing off the walls which put a small smile on Micheal's face.

   "Couldn't he at least have used warm water?" Michael mused. Michael grabbed a towel from the floor and dried his wet hair. "I swear, that kid's gonna be the death of me."

-------------

What do you think? Good? Bad af?
Better late than never i guess...