Chapter Four

• Edited • Rewritten •

The two of them stared at Michael's unlocked phone, never taking their eyes off of the tweet. Neither of them said anything, both too shocked to utter a word.

"Did he just-?" Jayden looked over at Michael who shrugged his shoulders, not really sure that it had actually happened. He wasn't sure if he was dreaming or if he really was awake, it was quite hard to tell.

"I think he did." Michael nodded his head, still trying to convince himself that it really happened. Jayden pushed his phone towards him.

"Come on, you have to answer him!" Michael stared at his best friend with wide open eyes like she had grown a second head.

"And say what? 'omg thank you for saying that you're glad that I liked your music video, oh and btw I love you'? Um, hell no!" He protested, shaking his head violently. There was no way that he would actually answer Calum Hood. He would just look like another desperate fan that was in need of his attention and that was something Michael absolutely didn't want. Michael was definitely not in need of any celebrity's attention, he wasn't like that.

Michael looked over at Jayden and saw that she had a frown on her face.

"I won't tweet him, okay? I'm an independent person and I don't need him to think that I'm one of those crazy fans that live for their attention and needs it all the time." Michael raised his voice, glaring at Jayden. "I just won't do it and that's final, end of discussion." He snapped angrily, Jayden looked down at her hands that were resting in her lap. "I only tweet to connect with people about something I and them are passionate about not to get a celebrity's follow or reply or anything!"

Michael let out a sigh when she didn't say anything.

"I'm sorry." Michael said quietly. "I didn't mean to snap at you. I just don't want to come out like an attention seeker, you know?" Jayden looked up as Michael looked down. She took his pale hand in her own and squeezed it.

"It's okay Mikey, I understand and I get it. Plus it's your choice really, it's you who he tweeted and that makes it your decision, not mine."

"Deep." A new voice joined in. Jayden turned around and a big grin took place on her gorgeous face. Her boyfriend, Felix, stood by the door. His bag on the floor next to him and his work clothes on.

Jayden jumped up from the sofa and ran over to Felix, throwing herself into his open arms. Michael looked away, he didn't hate couples or PDA, he just wished he for once could have it himself. It hurt him to see everyone around him having someone to love while he didn't. Sure, he had his brother but it just wasn't the same. He wanted someone to care for him and love him when he couldn't.

"Hey, long time no see." Felix ruffled Michael's hair and a pout made its way to his pale face.

"Rude." He muttered while Jayden and Felix laughed.

The clock turned six all too soon and Michael knew he had to get home. Luckily for him he didn't have a shift at the club tonight so hopefully he could get some well deserved sleep.

Jaxon would be home at seven and Michael knew that he wouldn't come home hungry and that always put a smile on Michael's face. It was nice to not worry about his brother being hungry, even if it was only for a day. All he had to think about was how to get food on the table the next day.

"I should get going, it's getting late and I have some stuff to take care of." He wasn't entirely lying but it wasn't the truth either.

"Awwe, are you sure? Don't you wanna stay for dinner?" Jayden pouted at her friend, wanting him to stay. She knew he had a rough time at home but she didn't want to question him knowing that she could push the wrong buttons and possibly trigger something.

"No, it's fine. I'll find something on the way or just eat something at home." The lie flew out of Michael's mouth easily, too easily. He knew that he definitely wouldn't get something on the way because that was just way too expensive and the food at home had to be saved for Jaxon, but at the same time he didn't want to burden Jayden and Felix.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He hugged both of them before he left the two of them behind with matching worried expressions on their faces.

--------

This chapter sucked, and it's really late, sorry.