Chapter Three

• Edited • Rewritten •

The smell of coffee and cinnamon hit Michael immediately as he entered the small coffee shop where he worked. It was a quarter to nine and Michael smiled, he could finally sit down and take a breather before yet another hectic day started.

The shop was small but had this home-y feeling to it and Michael knew that that was what made it popular. It wasn't cold and bare like Starbucks or other resembling coffee shops, instead this one was designed with small wooden tables, with black and white pictures hanging on the maroon walls.

Michael always felt like a kid again when he stepped inside the coffee shop. It always reminded him of when he used to go to his grandparents house. Their house always smelled like coffee and newly baked cookies and maybe that was why Michael was so attached to the place.

Jayden soon came walking out of the kitchen; wiping her flour covered hands on her already white stained apron. Her black hair was cascading down her back in a tight fishtail braid and her makeup was made perfectly.

"Mike." Her piercing blue eyes looked up at him and she smiled; showing her crystal white teeth. Michael smiled back at Jayden as she walked around the counter and came up to him. She threw her arms around his slightly shorter frame and hugged the life out of him.

"You haven't forgotten about tonight, right?" Michael raised an eyebrow at her, looking as confused as ever.

"Oh my God, you have haven't you?" Jayden huffed and shook her head at him. Michael stared at his best friend with a confused expression.

"5sos are releasing the music video for She's Kinda Hot today, you idiot!" She exclaimed and shook Michael's shoulders, making him sway back and forth. "Do you live beneath a rock?" Jayden laughed as Michael realized what he had forgotten.

"How did I forget that?" His facial expression was priceless and Jayden couldn't help but laugh harder. He knew that he had forgotten it between two jobs and taking care of his brother but he didn't want to admit it to Jayden.

"You're so cute, you know." She stated and pinched his rosy cheek.

"Get off of me." Michael muttered and swatted her hands away from his face. "I need to get to work." He could still hear Jayden's laughter behind him as he slid towards the changing rooms in the back, too tired to lift his feet properly.

Michael changed into his working clothes, putting his phone in the back pocket of his jeans before he got to work, already knowing it was gonna be a busy day.

He closed his eyes for a few moments and an exhausted sigh left his lips. He was already struggling to keep his eyes open and the day had barely started. It was definitely gonna be a tough day.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jayden asked as she sat down across from Michael.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He smiled at his concerned friend but she could tell that it wasn't real, it wasn't one of Michael's happy smiles. This one was tight and seemed forced

"One hundred percent?" She took in every single movement of her friend; course she was worried, after all, Michael was her best friend.

"Mhm." Michael nodded and looked down at his coffee, blowing at it lightly before taking a sip of it to see if it was the perfect temperature.

"I have to get back to work but just take your time, okay? No rush." Michael nodded without looking up, knowing that she was good at reading people and that he was like an open book to her.

Michael sighed in relief when she left. He loved her with all of his heart. She was like a rock to him but Michael just wanted to be left alone for a moment.

The bell above the door chimed but Michael didn't look up as he usually did, he kept staring at his black coffee as he stirred it around, occasionally blowing the steam away.

Ten minutes later Michael shook his head and got up from where he was seated. He didn't get paid for sitting down and being lazy. He poured the cold coffee into the sink before putting it in the dish washer and getting back to work.

From Jaxon: can i hang out with Tommie?

Michael read the text twice, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, trying to concentrate on his phone.

To Jaxon: Of course, be home by 7 xo.

Locking his phone, Michael looked around the empty coffee shop. He put his bag over his shoulder, ready to leave.

"You ready?" Jayden asked from the door and Michael nodded.

Half an hour later they were both seated on the sofa in Jayden's living room, updating 5 Seconds of Summer's YouTube website every few seconds.

A scream of excitement left their lips as the new video stared back at them.

"Click it!" Michael screamed and Jayden did just that.

Over the next four minutes and six seconds of their lives, they experienced every single emotion there was to experience. They cried, laughed, fainted and cried even more.

"That was the best thing ever." Jayden cried as she lied on the floor, doing snow angels without the actual snow. Michael nodded, totally at loss for words.

"I need to tweet." He suddenly said and grabbed his phone from the table.

Michael had a weird tradition to always tweet after a new video was published.

@MichaelGClifford:
Did you guys see the 'SHE'S KINDA HOT' video? It was a gift from heaven!

Michael locked his phone after sending the tweet out into cyberspace. He wasn't one to tweet a lot but he still had around five thousand followers and he was clueless as to why.

His phone went off with all kinds of notifications but he ignored them at first but after a few minutes of his phone going off he and Jayden agreed that he was going to turn them off.

Before he got that far he felt like screaming, crying and dying; all at once.

@Calum5SOS:
@MichaelGClifford glad you liked it babe x.

------------

early update, yay or nay?
it's half past one in the morning ((is it even morning?)) but i really wanted to get this out so *shruggs*