Chapter 29 (The Ongoing Storm)

Annabeth

As soon as Zethes vanished, Percy stabbed Cal, who was roaring in rage. Two down, five to go. Two sevenths of the way there.

ċʟıṅṭ

Clint could easily keep up with all of the things coming at him. Everywhere he turned there was a new enemy. He shot left, right, above, and to his left again. It all seemed like a familiar pattern, yet it was so foreign. He felt out of place.

Of course, there was a reason for him feeling weird. He couldn't see through something the demigods had called 'The Mist', so he had to guess he was shooting a monster and not an actual person. Every time the arrows were about to detonate on their victim, he almost doubted himself. It was a good thing he could remind himself of how all of the New Yorkers were already evacuated. Relief flooded through his veins at the thought. He wouldn't have to worry about random casualties caused by the monsters.

He shot arrow after arrow at the ocean of villains. It was when he saw a group of the 'people' dressed in the same outfit that an idea sparked in his mind. "Guys. Evacuate Times Square. I've got a plan."

"What kind of plan?" Steve asked.

"Remember the rockets you made to shoot out of your suit, Tony?" Clint hinted.

"Those?" Natasha sounded furious. She must've been spending too much time with their director. "Are you trying to destroy New York?"

"Ouch. Offensive much? The inventor is right here, y'know." Tony audibly winced. "But, yeah, why- oh. That might actually work. It'll get rid of them faster. Add in the Hulk and- wow- that'll be a show."

"You're not getting me in there." Bruce seemed decided and wouldn't budge on the matter. "I'm driving the tank right now, but we all agreed, Hulk is reserved for major emergencies only."

"And this isn't one?" Peter dodged an icy blast from one of the blue guys as he came into the action.

"Actually, no. Where were you last time, anyways?" Clint directed the question towards Peter.

"I was on a field trip in D.C." Peter sent a web into the blue guy's face. "I couldn't have helped you out, if that's what you're hinting at. I was too far away."

"That makes sense." Steve threw his shield though a line of ladies with flagpoles and fishing nets. "Thor, you take Loki. We'll wait for the other demigods to deal with the others. That's their area of expertise."

"Smart." Clint thought about it as he whacked a 'dog' with his bow.

"My brother must see the consequences of his actions." Thor agreed and flew up. "It is ... overdue."

"Steve, what d'you say?" Tony asked. "The rockets melt through anything in their path. They aren't really as dangerous as Natasha made them seem. And they explode into fireworks."

"Are you going to go along with the plan even if I say no?" Steve's shield returned to him.

"Probably." Tony flew up and sent a blast at a lady offering him poisoned food. He ended up hitting her in the face with it. The next time their backs were turned, she disappeared.