Chapter 22 (Laser Tag and Nothing Else)

A/N Turns out I've been spelling whoa wrong my entire life. I thought it was woah. Now I'm going to go search for all of the misspelled whoas in this book.

But, I figured out how to get you guys the link for the petition. Read the comment I post, it has the link if you want to check it out and sign. I promise you, it is real and this is not a drill. It had 15,000 supporters last week and now it has over 16,000. We only need 8,000 more signatures and we can have a Percy Jackson TV show animated by Dreamworks and based off Viria's art. I repeat! This is not a drill!

Regardless, I think you'll love this chapter. No demigod POVs, but I think I invented something. Tron is only beaten by Narnia when it comes to alternate worlds in a story. That's your hint. Enjoy.

PΣTΣR

Peter thought it was boring at the tower without the demigods and Gwen, who had gone home. He had toyed with his web shooters and gotten clothes from his aunt's apartment, explored the tower a bit and beaten every level of Call of Duty: Black Ops twice. He was upside down on the ceiling, browsing tumblr and actually thinking about doing his essay when Captain America finally noticed how bored he was.

"Hey, Peter, have you seen the tower's laser tag arena yet?" Cap asked with the Black Widow and Hawkeye behind him.

"Laser tag arena?" Spidey jumped down in front of the trio.

"Yeah, we were going to play a round or two, but we need a fourth player and Bruce is buried in the lab and Thor is clueless. You game?" Clint said.

"Sure. I'm game." Spidey shrugged.

They took the elevator a few floors down and the older Avengers grabbed their personalized version of Tony's version of laser tag suits from a machine and changed. They were Tron style.

"Go over to the customization booth and you can choose the light color, add a logo from online and choose the size of your suit." Natasha pointed to a glowing machine in the corner before she walked into a stall with a dark red-lit black suit with a hourglass looking symbol- her symbol- on each shoulder.

He had one thought running through his mind as he designed his suit. This is awesome. Laser tag, Tron style.

He typed on the machine's keyboard and uploaded his Spider-Man logo, chose an orangish-red lighting since Natasha had already chosen red and selected his size. It came out of a tray with a helmet in the bottom, just like a toy out of a claw game. He picked it up and sped off to change.

When he finished, everyone was looking at the weapons.

"Okay," Cap scanned through a computer catalog and picked up an AK-47 styled laser gun and a shield that came to him from the weapons rack while in a black white-lit suit with a white star on each shoulder. "Peter, you can pick as much as you want off of the rack as long as you can carry it."

Natasha picked out and  pair of laser pistols and two glowing batons that looked like they could pack a punch. They changed to the dark red color of the bands of light on her suit as soon as she touched them.

Clint, who just happened to have purple neon, chose a bow- go figure- a hunting knife and -Peter didn't believe his eyes- smoke bombs and throwing knives.

"Where's your arrows and ammo?" Peter asked.

Hawkeye smirked and drew the bow back. A holographic purple arrow formed where an arrow would normally rest. "Who needs ammo? It's better to use holograms."

"Whoa." Peter almost didn't know how to respond. "But what about the knives and stuff?"

"Your suit protects you. It's got gel that absorbs the impact and prevents weapons from going into your skin." Natasha explained.