Chapter 41 - Skorge The Calamity

Start from the beginning

Kayos shook his head but he did feel the pressure as well as the chill going down his spine that Carny had been talking about. In his mild bit of panic Kayos found himself wondering one thing; Is this man as insane as he seems?

As if Carny heard those thoughts he let go of Kayos' wrist and looked back at the lightning bolt before muttering one more time. "Thump-thump."

~*~*~*~Skorge~*~*~*~

Leon was lying on his back now, looking up at him as the massive bolt that Skorge had called faded away. He was floating a good 20 feet off of the ground now, and from where he was it looked as if Leon were surrendering. Skorge sneered. Does he really think that I'll let him go after all of this, he wondered. After the fight that Leon had given, the strength that he had shown if only for a moment? No matter how brief Skorge couldn't let another power like that exist in his new world. A power that could overcome him should it be given a chance. No, like the god he was Skorge would smite this ray of hope and then he would begin building his new world!

"Leon!" He screamed holding an arm out towards him, sparks of electricity dancing all along his arm with the smallest bit of motion. "You have failed to fell me! And your punishment in the attempt- Death..."

Skorge let fly a bolt of lightning filled it all of his power aimed right for Leon's heart. A demon's heart was the source of all their power, destroy it and their light will fade as all things will. The bolt traveled through the air and caught Leon right in the chest making his entire body rise up from the ground. It was the same type of bolt that Skorge had used to destroy Bjorn, though he knew it would require far more power to do the same to Leon, and more power is exactly what he'd sent.

He watched as Leon's body convulsed, the electricity traveling throughout his body making his body shake in ways that could have no way been natural. Foam was beginning to form at Leon's mouth yet still he kept the lighting going even raising his other arm up and calling down another bolt. This one was fully powered, with absolutely nothing held back. 100% of his power is what Skorge was using now, a feat he never expected to be needed but even that didn't seem to be enough to do to Leon what it had done to Bjorn.

Skorge snarled and held out his other arm to Leon and sent a second bolt, pushing as hard as he possibly could to destroy this boy. But for all Skorge's power, he couldn't do it! He was not that strong he was screaming in his head. Skorge was the most powerful being on the face of the Earth, none were his equal! So why then did this boy refuse to just die!?! Skorge's anger was building so much that his eyes had begun to glow as he cried out as loud as he could his next words. "Why won't you just die!?!"

And then, just then Leon's eyes turned red. A solid red glow came not only from him, but it came from his mouth and even from his chest. Skorge felt a harsh chill pass over his body, the kind of chill he once felt when he came into contact with Typhon when he was still a mere B-class. So why now did he feel that now? When he met Typhon again with his new power there was no such feeling, they stood as equals. So why then was Skorge's body reacting like this!? As if some enormous threat were approaching him, why why WHY!?!

As if to answer him, Leon's body jerked once again only this time an explosion of red light flew from his body with a deep thum sound. The light pushed back Skorge's lightning as if it were nothing until it was over four times the size of Leon's body. Skorge watched wide eyed as the red light warped until it took on the form of a body in the same position as Leon's body had just been. No, no, no! Skorge wanted to scream but he was too stunned by what he was seeing as the body of light slowly formed a face and it let out the most terrible roar that Skorge had ever heard in his life. Following the roar came a rush of something, Skorge hadn't a clue what it was but it was powerful enough to send him flying through the air like a ragdoll for several yards when he could finally regain himself.