Chapter 15

Elsa stood at the top of the stairs to the ballroom, feeling nervous. She had attended quite a lot of balls since she became queen. However, the idea of being courted was a totally alien experience for her. She would have to dance with the princes tonight, not surprising. Slowly, she made her way down the stairs gracefully. Prince Jack was at the bottom of the stairs. He held out a hand as she reached the last few steps. She laid her hand gently in his and descended the last few steps. "Queen Elsa, I have prepared a gift for you. I hope you like it." Prince Jack said, smiling. He let go of her hand a bit reluctantly and took out a frosted-glass box. He held it carefully and opened the box, letting the inside face Elsa. The silver necklace glittered and its tiny gems twinkled and sparkled. "It's beautiful..." Elsa breathed, amazed at the intricately made snowflake. Jack's heart fluttered at Elsa's words.

Slowly, he lifted the necklace out of the box and put the box back into his pocket. "May I?" he asked. Elsa nodded. Jack gently clasped the necklace around Elsa's neck. He could feel his face heating up at the close contact with Elsa. When he finished, he saw Elsa was blushing slightly as well. A smile tugged at his mouth as he bowed and held out his hand, "Would you do me the honour of dancing with me?" Elsa smiled, placed her hand in his and they danced. In that magical, yet too-short moment, everything was perfect. The rest of the world fell away. Elsa forgot her problems, lost in the dance with Jack. Jack was a human once more, normal, content to be holding Elsa. Somewhere on the dance floor, among the couples, Anna and Kristoff were dancing as well, lost in their own world. The song ended. They came to a standstill. Elsa broke away, "I'm going to go over to get a drink, care to accompany me?" Jack nodded and they headed to the table nearby. Anna and Kristoff also headed to that table to get drinks. The two couples met and stood there chatting with each other, enjoying their drinks and watching others dance.