Punishment

My pissed mate stance is perfect, back straight, arms crossed, and feet shoulder width apart. Eyes cold as ice and lips in a straight line, his expression not showing how he feels, how pissed he is on the inside for I can tell.

There's a tiny barely there twitch of his right lip. No one would know, but since I'm his mate so I notice the tiniest things about him.

The smell of blood and tears hang heavily in the damp air. Jane is tied to a chair, bloody and not looking so hot anymore.

"My King! Please! I was supposed to be queen!" Jane sniffles pathetically.

Sev gives a chuckle deep from his stomach. "You? Queen? Jane you make me laugh. I never said you would be queen! That honour is for my mate only. You where just a conquest I had. Someone to satisfy my needs."

She snorts. "So since you found your mate, you're just going to forget about what we have?"

"We never had anything! Just because I went to you more than the others meant nothing!" Sev doesn't lose his stance, but turn his expression into an icy glare.

"Do you really want to be stuck with one person for the rest of your life? I'll let you bang anyone you want too if you be with me." Jane bats her eyelashes. I'm close to knocking her head off her shoulders.

This time it's Sev's turn to snort. "I'm happily mated, with a baby on the way! Why would I want to be pleasured by anyone else? I've tasted my mate, he pleasures me more than anyone else has ever had. I'm done with my whorish ways!"

Sev steps towards her, until he can breaker in her face. "You threaten my mate, your Queen, and my child, the heir to the throne."

She whimpers, scared by the way her king growls those words out. "Treason to the crown, there will be no trial. The law states that the parents get to decide what happens to the offender, with no trail."

Sev stands, smirking down evilly. "Koan and I both had our fun. Now it's time for the branding of the traitor."

Guards grab her and drags her to the grounds where the packs are waiting for the branding. No one has any sympathy for a person that threatens a baby, even if the baby is unborn.

Even though it was just a threat, she did it to the king's and queen's faces. Threats aren't taken lightly, it's the same as actually doing the act.

Jane is chained on a metal post in the middle of the crowd. Beside the post is a brander in a fire.  When Jane sees the tools, she begs for the guards to let her go, but her pleas falls on deaf ears.

The crowd quiets as they sense their king wanting to speak. "Today will will brand a traitor! As according to our law, the parents have already unleased their punishment. Now the branding, then declaring Jane Simpson a rogue."

The guard that does the branding, takes his brander from the fire since it's hot and ready to touch skin. The brander is of an outline of a wolf howling at the moon with an X over the outline.

A guard holds down Jane's hand by the wrist. The brander touches the palms of Jane's hand. She screams causing the nearby birds to fly away, butcher pain doesn't end there.

When the brander is taken off, the skin is red and angry in the shape of a howling wolf and X. Silver powder is then sprinkled on the wound, before it can heal.

The silver powder is to stop it from healing completely. The wound will heal with the silver, causing it to scar.

When the screaming turns to whimpers, Sev stands over her. "You are hereby banish from any pack. Wherever you go, you will be known as a traitor. You have until sunset to pack and leave."

Jane whimpers, pleading with her eyes to not finish his sentence. "If you aren't gone by then, you will be ripped to shreds."

The chains are removed, with giant tears rolling down her cheeks, Jane runs away, but two guards go after her to make sure she leaves by the given time.

When her cries can't be heard anymore, Sev speaks to the crowd. "Let it be known, acts or/and threats against any child will be brought to the fullest extent of the law."

When those words sink in, my mate smiles. "Please enjoy the rest of the day. Please carry on."

The crowd disperse, my mate then takes my hand, and leads me into the woods, away from prying eyes and ears.

When we have walked a few ways in comfortable silence, my mate finally stops. Glancing around the clearing, trees circle us, light shines through the thick leaves. Dead leaves litter the ground, along with a few sticks here and there.

Sev gains my attention, giving it all to him, his eyes fill with sorrow. "My love, how to you feel?"

Confusedly glancing at him, I answer. "I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

He takes my hands in his my head bigger ones. "A conquest threaten you and our child. I want to know how you feel about that."

Deciding to be truthful, I won't lie or he'll see right through it. "I can't control what happens, or change the pass, but I can't help but doubt."

"Doubt what, baby?" My mate ask in a small voice.

"Doubt if you want to really settle down with me. You had all the girls you could ever want at a snap of your fingers. Do you really want to give all that away for me." Insecurity evident in my voice.

He takes my face in his hands, glancing into my eyes, honesty shines through his eyes. "You're my mate, chosen by the moon goddess herself, I happily gave all that away for you, and will do it all over again. You're my life now, all I need is you and our precious baby."

I'm left speechless by his words, but he continues. "Baby, believe me when I say, no one will ever compare to you. I need no one but you, and our baby of course."

Throwing my arms around his neck, I squeeze him to my chest. His words push all my doubts from my head. I have to trust him. His past is gone and I'm his future, so I have to have faith in him and us.

I know not all of the doubt will leave, some will linger, but that will slowly fade. I can't focus on my doubts, but on my mate and our starting family.

I'll let go of the pass, and embrace the future. Our future together.