Chunin Exams, The Battles

Shikai's POV

There was about an hour until the final part of the Chunin Exams took place, and all I could do was worry about Shikamaru and Shino. I had already wished Shikamaru good luck, but like always, he brushed it off and began complaining about how the exams were too troublesome. After briefly telling my mother where I was going, I left the house in search of Shino to wish him luck.

I knew the walk to Shino's house wasn't very long, so I took my time. I arrived at his house quickly, and when I knocked on his door, Shino's father answered, his expression blank, but his voice kind. "Hello, please come in. Shino is in his room."

Nodding, I walking in and headed for Shino's room. Not wanting to barge in, I knocked softly and waited for his response. I heard him hum faintly, so I took that as my cue to enter, opening the door hesitantly. Walking in, I found Shino sitting on his bed, observing a bug that was crawling on his finger. His eyes shifted to me briefly, a faint smile on his face. "Hello Shikai." The bug that was crawling on his finger crawled up his sleeve, disappearing in his jacket. I sat next to him on his bed, a faint smile on my face.

"I just wanted to wish you good luck." I explained to him, my smile growing. "I know you'll do great!" I told him confidentially.

Shino smiled as I expressed my confidence in him. I leaned forward slightly, kissing his cheek softly. After Shino and I expressed our love for one another, part of me was nervous. I wasn't sure if things would be different. "I should leave soon, so you can train some more and get ready for your fight." I told Shino. I didn't want to leave, but I didn't want to distract Shino either. Shino nodded hesitantly, though he had a slight frown on his face. I was stood up to leave, but Shino spoke up, stopping me.

"You can stay a little longer if you like." He told me, looking at me through his dark glasses. I smiled and nodded, sitting back down next to him. Shino looked at me before suddenly leaning forward, kissing me. The kiss was slow and similar to the kiss we shared at the festival. It made my heart flutter as I smiled into the kiss. Our lips moved in sync, and I loved it, but I knew that Shino had to get ready to leave soon, so I hesitantly pulled away.

"I-I love you." I told him quietly. I wasn't used to saying it to someone that wasn't related to me, but I felt like it needed to be said. I knew that Shino returned my feelings, but I couldn't help the involuntary nervousness I felt.

Shino smiled and caressed my cheek gently. "I love you as well Shikai."

///

It was time for the final part of the exam to start. Kiba and I were sitting next to Hinata as we waited for the fights to begin. Nearly everyone was there, but Naruto had shown up late and Sasuke had yet to show up at all. My stomach churned with nervousness as Naruto and Neji's fight began. I knew Shikamaru and Shino would be fighting soon, and I just wanted them to do good. The thought of my brother or Shino getting hurt during their fight made me feel worried and useless, but I knew it was probably inevitable. The first fight began. It was Naruto against Hinata's cousin Neji, and nearly everyone was immersed in the fights. Kiba was criticizing Naruto's fighting style, Hinata was worrying about Naruto, and everyone else was talking about how Neji would be the winner. I wasn't paying attention to the fight though, all I could think about was Shikamaru and Shino's upcoming fights. I was daydreaming when I heard Hinata cough, making both Kiba and I turn to her, worried looks on our faces.

Hinata was coughing up blood due to the injuries she received during her fight with Neji. Kiba and I were trying to comfort her, trying to help her however we could when a member of Anbu approached us, offering his help. Kiba and I glanced at each other, and then looked at the man cautiously. It was suspicious, but with no other choice, we agreed and followed the man to a secluded area where he began using medical ninjutsu on her. We watched as the man began healing her, the green light that shone around his hands signaling that he was healing her. He finished soon enough, and Hinata was back to normal, her face more relaxed as she laid on the ground, unconscious.

"Thank you." I told the man. We could still hear the fight going on in the background, so I knew that Naruto and Neji's fight was still happening. The man nodded, and before Kiba and I had realized what was happening, he had hit some of our pressure points, knocking both Kiba and I unconscious. I tried my best to stay awake, but my eyes kept trying to close. "N-No..." I mumbled, before my eyes finally closed and darkness consumed me.