Festival Part. 2

Shino's POV.

After I dropped Shikai off at her house, I walked back to mine with my hands shoved in the pockets of jacket. I sighed softly, already missing her company. I was fairly uncertain why I felt like I needed to have to her around all of the time. Maybe I should ask my father when I arrive at home.

I walked inside of my house and was faced by my father, who held the same emotionless expression on his face as I normally did. "Shino, why are you home? It is your day home." He said, and I nodded my head slightly.

"I came home to get ready for the festival later, I am going with Shikai." I said, and my father nodded slightly.

"You have been spending a lot of time with Shikai, have you not?" My father said, and I nodded this time.

"I have."

"Do you care about her?"

"A lot." I said honestly, and my father nodded.

"Does she know that?" He asked.

"I do believe she is aware." I said, and he nodded slightly. "Thought can I ask you something?"

"Of course, Shino."

"Why does my heart hurt when she is not around? And why do I feel like she should be around me all the time?"

"I believe that is love, Shino." My father said, and my eyes widened from behind my sunglasses. Did I love Shikai? I didn't know.

"Thank you, father." I said, and I walked back to my bedroom. I sighed a small sigh when I got in my bedroom, and I took off my glasses. I was thinking about not wearing them, because I knew that Shikai preferred me without my glasses, but I did not want anyone believe her seeing my without them, so I ditched that idea.

After deciding I would wear my normal, casual outfit, I laid down on my bed and waited until it was time for the festival. I started to think back to what my dad had said, that what I was feeling was love. Was it possible for me to love Shikai? She was one of the most gorgeous people I had ever seen, and I knew that my heart did flips when I saw her. I knew that my stomach got a weird feeling in it when she kissed me, and I knew that I wanted her around me all the time.

I knew that I adored the way she smiled, and the way she scrunched up her nose when she didn't like something. I knew I adored the way she pushed herself to be the best she could be. I knew I adored the way she didn't mind my bugs, and she made me feel welcomed around her. I knew that I cared a whole lot about her.

But was it enough to call it love?

//

I laid in my bed for a few hours before I got up and decided that it would be a good time to leave for the festival. Sliding my standard ninja shoes on my feet, I left my house and walked slowly towards downtown Konoha, where the festival was held. Everything was decorated, and people were dressed up in fancy outfits that seemed to shine in the light of the moon and the lights from the streets.

I walked around, looking for the beautiful girl that I would be accompanying tonight, and the further I traveled into the crowd, the more nervous I grew. I let out an inaudible sigh incase someone I knew was around, and I began to glance around more for Shikai.

As I walked through the town, my eyes landed on Shikamaru. Alright, if I found him, maybe I could find Shikai. I began to walk towards him, my hands still shoved in my pockets as I made eye contact with Shikamaru. I gave him a questioning look from behind my glasses, and finally arrived near him.

And that's when I noticed her. Her hair pulled up in a neat bun on top of her head, the kimono that hung perfectly on her frame, slightly too large on her. But the green fabric seemed to grab every curve her body held in the most perfect way. Her skin looked as if it was reflecting in the moon light, not a single imperfection showing over her skin. A simple clip held back her bangs in her hair, matching the flowers on the kimono. Her smile was growing the closer I grew to her, a small smile forming over my own lips. Her eyes had a small twinkle in them, and it made my heart do flips in my chest.