Feelings

I felt Shino's arm around my waist and mumbled incoherently, my eyes clouded with drowsiness. Opening my eyes slowly and looking up, I saw Shino with his eyes opened, already awake. "Good morning..." I mumbled, burying my face back in his chest. I heard him make a small chuckling sound as he ran his hands through my hair. My normally straight hair was unruly and it didn't help that Shino kept playing with it. Sighing as I realized I would have to go home at some point, I feeling of dread filled me.

"Good morning, Shikai. I assume you slept well?" Shino's quiet yet deep voice broke me from my thoughts. I smiled, nodding and about to speak when his fathers voice cut through our conversation.

Shino's father's voice was quiet and deep like his, but he still managed to have kindness in it. "Shino, you and your friend have to get ready for the day." I blushed in embarrassment as I realized I had never introduced myself. I felt Shino remove the arm that was around my waist and stand up, cutting off the small amount of heat he was supplying me. Trying to hide my blush, I hid my face in the blanket we used, but I ended up almost falling asleep.

"Shikai," Shino's voice woke me up again. I could hear a hint of amusement in his voice, showing that he really was making an effort to show more emotions around me. "Please get ready so that we aren't late." Groaning, I sat up. I knew my hair was a mess and that I was one too, but I didn't really care. "You may change first, so I'll leave. If you really need too, you can use my old clothes." He opened a drawer filled with smaller clothes and some fishnet.

Nodding and mumbling a thanks as he left and closed the door behind him, I began looking through his smaller clothes. I only had to use the fishnet I had from the day before, but I didn't mind so much. Picking out a dark, loose shirt with short sleeves and some standard ninja pants, I changed, leaving the clothes he had let me borrow to sleep in folded on his bed. My fishnet pants went down to my ankles while the pants I was wearing stopped right above my knee and the shirt fit well, only being a little bit shorter and revealing part of my stomach, but since I wore a fishnet shirt it didn't matter. The fishnet shirt had sleeves that went a little past my elbows, lined with black to match my fishnet ants that were also lined with black.

Brushing down my hair slightly before putting my forehead protector on, I opened the door, a sign for Shino that I was done. Sitting on his bed as I waited for him to come, I stared out his window, trying to get a glimpse of the clouds. Not noticing when he walked in, Shino had to walk over to me for me to pay attention. "You should take off your glasses more often," I blurted out, blushing after I realized what I had said. Hearing Shino chuckle, I quickly stood up and walked out of the room to save myself from further embarrassment. I stood outside his room, the door closed as I waited for him to come out. It didn't take long, as he didn't have to choose clothes since he already had clothes picked out.

Shino walked out in his regular attire, his glasses on now. Heading towards the door, we calmly walked. As we passed by his father, I made sure to smile politely and introduce myself, "I'm sorry for not introducing myself sooner sir. I'm Shikai Nara, it's a pleasure to meet you." I gave him a smile, my eyes closed as I waved slightly, walking out the door. As Shino and I began walking down the street, a calm silence settled over us before I broke it, "Thanks again Shino, for everything." I stopped him to kiss his cheek lightly, hugging him slightly to show him that I was thankful.

Shino remained silent as I pulled away from him, looking down as my face burned bright red. "S-sorry," I said, smiling and scratching the back of my neck, "I hope that wasn't too weird, I just wanted to show that I was thankful." I looked up shyly to see him looking at me, a warm smile on his face

Shino's POV 

Shikai's warm lips connected with my cheek, making me freeze slightly. She hugged me, making me smile as a warm feeling spread in my chest. I heard her stutter over her words and saw her look down, her face a bright red. I smiled again as she looked at me shyly, her face getting brighter. "Shikai," my voice had a hint of happiness and amusement in it as I let my emotions show, "It's alright, I don't mind."

She smiled at me warmly, making my stomach flutter with a foreign feeling. "Okay Shino!" She radiated happiness, and I thought back to when she was in tears just the night before. I didn't understand how she was always so happy. Her father was constantly comparing her to her older brother and she often displayed feelings of sadness when she spoke about it, yet in a short amount of time she was back to being happy. We walked, making small talk as we went.

"Shikai," I spoke, curiosity getting the better of me. "How are you always so happy and open with your emotions?" I felt silly for asking such a question, but I couldn't keep my curiosity down.

"I don't know, it's just a natural reaction for me I guess." Shikai giggled, a small breeze passing and making her hair flow slightly. She smiled at me, and my heart pounded.

What is this feeling?