Phil dressed up and left to get coffee. He went back to his room, sat on the sofa and turned on the TV to kill time until Dan woke up.

Two hours later, Dan arose from the bed. His head was massively painful. Without bothering to put on a shirt or pants, he dragged his feet to the other room. The sound of the television came to his ears and made his already hurting head pound even more.

"Oh, good morning..." Phil said shyly when he saw Dan emerge from the bedroom in only his boxers.

"Could you turn the volume down?" Dan asked as he massaged his temples. "And perhaps talk a little softer..."

"Sorry..." Phil apologised as he turned off the TV.

Dan slowly walked towards the sofa and sat down heavily as he exhaled deeply. Phil shifted away awkwardly.

"Uh, I got room service half an hour ago..." He said with a voice he wanted not too loud. "I got you pancakes and coffee if you want, they should still be a bit hot..."

Dan's throat was dry. He nodded and told Phil he just wanted the coffee. Phil got up, grabbed the coffee and put it in Dan's hands.

"Thanks..."

A silence settled in which Phil anxiously watched Dan sip his drink.

"Dan?" He finally said with a tiny voice.

"Mmh?"

"We... um..." He hesitated. "We really need to talk about the other night..."

Dan sighed deeply, holding his forehead in his hand.

"What is there to talk about?" Dan asked, annoyed.

"The things you said, mainly..."

Dan stared at him longingly. Phil suddenly felt very odd, and he didn't want to be there anymore. Dan placed his coffee on the table and shifted to face his friend. His eyes were so menacing, the glimmer Phil had always feared was staring directly at him.

"We'll get one thing very straight..." Dan warned. "What I said that night, we don't talk about it. Ever."

Phil was taken aback. His jaw dropped.

"D-Dan... but..." Phil stammered.

"Ever." Dan repeated threateningly.

"Dan, whether you like it or not I know things now, I want to help!" Phil blurted.

Dan got dangerously close to Phil's face and spoke in a very quiet and scary voice.

"I already said that I don't need your help. I let you in to where I was comfortable because you were doing no harm, but you abused of your privilege. You crossed a line you shouldn't have, Philip. You're entering new territories. If you wish to trespass, go ahead, I'm not stopping you. But you better be careful where you walk because you might not get out of there in one piece."

Phil's breath caught in his throat. Dan grabbed his coffee and stood up, looking down at the terrified Phil.

"Hoc est bellum." He said through gritted teeth before disappearing into the bathroom.

Phil stood up in turn, flabbergasted. After a few seconds of nothingness, his features hardened and anger took over his entire body.

"You're damn right it is." He spat before grabbing his stuff and leaving the room.

~

Every man for himself. This wasn't one of their stupid fight. It was war.

After the incident, Louise came by their room once more. She noticed the tension and coldness between her two friends. She took Phil aside to ask him what was happening this time.