Chapter 28 - Go Get Reilly

Hey Rom-Cubs,

It feels like I was away from you guys for years. It's no fault of my own I had no internet for the better part of the weekend but I'm back now. I hope you guys didn't miss me too much.

Anyway. Ba-na-na [said in Bob the Minion's voice]

I hope that you enjoy because I will ... duh, I'm writing it. Hehehe

Here's the twenty-eighth installation.

Please
VOTE
COMMENT
RECOMMEND
FAN

Enjoy! XD

Lots of love and kisses,

- Ang

-------

GERARD's POV ••

The farmhands and I made haste with our tasks utilizing what was left of the radiant sun even as it was setting, casting shades of magenta, lilac and pale gold over the sky that was littered with stars, putting an end to the workday.

The guys headed over to the shed where they would take turns showering and Rein would indulge them in food and engage them in a friendly chatter about politics. Rein was an elderly woman ... like a mother to them and as a result, they all respected her. Whenever my mother was away Rein would step in cooking for the handful of men that had appetites of an undomesticated primitive beast.

Now, I was left alone with only my thoughts for company and they proved to be mighty irritating ... more than one man could accommodate. My father's conscious words rested heavily on my chest and mind. I marinated in them even as I made my way up the stairway into the main house and upstairs to my chambers.

Thoughts of a certain honey-eyed goddess plagued me as I entered the showers and proceeded to wash away the filth of a hard day's work. Little Gerard sprang to life frustrating me to no end. I hadn't been with a woman in over a few months. If someone opted to ask me why the answer was obvious ... my goddess wasn't that kind of girl.

This all may have started out as a game but I was a huge liability to the woman because she stole my heart out from right under my nose. Indeed, for the most part, what my father said had been authentic. Reilly was the best thing that ever happened to me and that should've scared me but it didn't.

From the moment, she rejected me all those months ago I knew that this was a woman among girls, a blooming rose amidst the dullness of thorns ... a painstakingly rare commodity ... and I wanted her.

If anyone knew me, they knew that I had wanted for nothing and no one, and if there was, in fact, a tiny chance that I wanted for something, I would simply take it. I wanted her ... heck, every man within her five-mile radius wanted her and if they didn't, either they were a moron or legally blind and even that wasn't a good enough excuse.