Chapter 11 - Payment

Hey my little gumdrops *said in a british accent*,

Are you guys still with me? Hahaha ;)

Ok so recapping:
[Reilly and Gerard shared a kiss steamy and all (depending on how you see it). They've not spoken or had contact of any kind since the kiss which was a week ago. Gerard is about to get real with her when he spots Reilly and Christian Dean leaving the diner. He goes to the Red Oak bar where he shares a kiss with Jack and discovers that Reilly has ruined him for woman. He downs two shots and takes his beer to the poker table. There, they up the ante but the dealer announces that a man to have not one dollar to his name and asked him what his means of payment would be and he says his daughter. As it turns out his daughter was the unforgettable Reilly Jones.]

*panting* *deep breathes*

Did I miss anything?

Please VOTE, COMMENT and RECOMMEND to your friends to show your support.

Gosh guys! I couldn't take it! I just had to update. Please blow up the comment bar and tell me what you think.

Here's ... chap eleven. *squeals*

I hope y'all like it!

- Ang

_______

••REILLY's POV

I inhaled and exhaled slowly as instructed. Honestly I didn't even want to be here but he wouldn't take no for an answer. None of them would. So what if I collapsed at Ruby's ... suddenly everyone cared?

"Say Ah," Dr. Dean instructed.

"Ah," I did as I was told while he placed the cold metal of the stethoscope just above my chest area.

"Have you experience any migraines, nausea, pain, stress lately?" Dr. Dean asked as he shined a light in both my eyes.

"Uh ... stress and migraines." I lied trying to avoid his searching green gaze.

I was a terrible liar but I just hoped that he didn't catch on. He couldn't know the real reason I collapsed. No one could.

"Take these. They'll help you sleep more which you need a lot more of."

"Thank you Dr. Dean." I accepted the prescription he gave me. "Can I go now?"

"Certainly and please ... call me Christian." Dr. Dean suggested.

When Christian smiled, his green eyes sparkled with a happy glow making his smile contagious and causing a smile to spread across my face genuinely.

"Thank you," I avoided his gaze.

"You're welcome." Christian said, helping me down. 'Take it easy now."

I made it to the door just as he opened it for me. Smiling my thanks anxious to get out of there and into the hallway, I quickly slipped out retracing the path to Christian's receptionist before hastily making my way out.

Once outside, I felt like a bird that had been set free. My legs weren't as heavy as they had been prior to my collapse at Ruby's. Another wave of embarrassment, swept over me. Of all places why had it been at Ruby's. Thank heavens Gerard wasn't there to see it or I would beg the ground to open up and swallow me whole.

Gerard was my first kiss. That fact made me a tad bit nervous whenever he was around so who's to say what would've occurred after my collapse. The fact that he'd been so gentle with me when he'd initiated the exchange made my eyes water. I felt how much desire had been in that kiss conveyed both him and myself. I couldn't believe that anyone could make me feel the way he did. Furthermore, even look at me the way he did.