Big Apple Baby - chapter 8

Big Apple Baby- chapter 8

The drive to my apartment was silent. I could feel Goldie shooting glances in my direction. Unlike other girls I didn't wonder if there was something on my face or if my hair was messed up because- Come on!- I used to be the most popular girl in my school. I knew I was pretty, some boys might even describe me as hot.

    "So..." Goldie said in an akward voice and my eyes flashed to him.

    "So..." I said back smirking at him,

     "I know the condition he found you in... Why the h#ll were a pretty girl like you out that late?" He asked and I shuddered at the memories of those cruel... disgusting men.

      "My boss had a emergency that she had to attend to and I had to close up then walk home, so... Yeah..." I say and Goldie gives me a half-hearted smile and I half-heartedly smile back...

      "You should call me tomorrow so I can see how your head is doing..." Goldie said and I just rolled my eyes, No way in h#ll am I calling him tomorrow!

   We arrived at my house and he gave me a slip of paper with his number on it. I eyed the walk way up to my apartment in fear, I didn't want to walk out alone again... What if they were here? Mikey cruel eyes and Roberts sneer popped into my mind and I shivered.

      "I'll walk you up to your apartment." He says and I smile and let out a sigh of relief. He gets out of the car and opens my door for me, I walk out and we walk up the stairs leading to my apartment in silence and when I get to the door and was about to put the key in the door nob when-

      "MARIA! Why you here so late? You say you at work! But no you out with man instead? Me must stay at home alone with Sky. You lie to me! You lie to me!" Tanya screamed with her storng accent and I flinched,

"Eres una niña estúpida! ¿Ha mentido! ¡Maldita sea! Yo cuido de su bebé y ypu me tratan con mentiras! Las mentiras que te digo!" She screamed and honestly I was a tad scared. Tanya has never been this mad before. Goldie stepped forward and smiled a dazzling smile at her.

    "Hello Miss. I see no need for you to be mad at Maria, she ran into some trouble while she was walking home and my friend helped her out and I offered her a ride home. No need to jump to conclusions." He said and she looked at him sceptically before turning on me.

     "What happen? You know what? Never mind! Get in house. Now, Now! Go!" Maria screams and nod and start to walk inside with my head hung low.

      I turn around and look at Goldie, "Thanks." I mutter and he winks sending a funny feeling to my stomach- Am I sick?

      I rush inside and Tanya closes the door behind us but I don't see anything else but my baby who is lying in his crib crying. I run over and pick him up in my arms and he looks upat me as I start to rock him back and forth... And then just like that he stops crying and falls asleep witha small smile on his face.

      As soon as I sit down with Skyler Tanya jumps into questioning me and I explain everything while rocking Skylar,

       By the end of my story Tanya is sobbing furiously and looking over every part of me to see the damage and apologizing for her earlier outburst. I tell Tanya to go home and after ALOT of convincing her that i'm alright she left.

      I rock my baby as I walk over to put him in his crib, I tuck the covers around him and lean down to softly kiss him on the forehead...

      "Goodnight Skylar... Have the sweetest of dreams my dear..." I whisper before walking over to my bed and sitting down,

      A picture on a shelf catches my eye and I walk over to the picture of me and Dean at Salagan Island- An Island my dad bought my mom for their 10th anniversary.