Big Apple Baby-Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

'+'

Oh god no! No... NO! NO! NO! This cannot be happening! NO! It just can't  happen to ME! But it is... NO! Why me? Why not some other girl in my school? WHY ME? It isn't fair! Life isn't fair! WHY? Tears are flowing freely down my face by now. What will I tell Maya and Carrie? They are the two best sisters in the world! And my friends at school? What will I tell them? And what will happen to my reputation? What will I tell my parents? And Dean? What can I say to him? These questions quickly buzz through my head as I stare at the thing that will destroy my entire life... I run out of the bathroom in a panic and run straight into Maya, which results in me falling to the ground. Maya takes one look at my face and starts to cry to, that's the kind of girl Maya is: Caring, sweet and always puts others before herself.

      "What happened? Why are you crying? Is it Dean? Did he hurt you? Cause if he did I will go over there and kick his a-" She started rambling, not leaving me a chance to answer,

     "No Maya... It's worse!" I cried out and her eyes widened,

    "Then what happened?" She asks and I shake my head, "TELL ME!" She yells and I gulp,

     "Maya... I... I am..." I start and she looks at me as if expecting me to say more, "I'm pregnant."

***

It has been a week since I had found out that I was pregnant, and Maya somehow had convinced me into telling my parents a few days ago. They had been furious, yelling and screaming, and telling me that I was a disapointement and that they had expected more from me. They would have kicked me out too if Maya hadn't stepped in and screamed at them to let me stay. The worst was my older sister Carrie who just stayed staring blankly at the wall the whole time and just as she was about to leave she turned to me and said,

      "I thought you were....." Then she shook her head and left without a word. But I know what she would have said; I thought you were different. And since I had always looked up to my older sister... Her words crushed me. And since I told my parents, I could barely stand being in my own house, because i could just feel the tension radiating around the house, everytime I was in the same room as my parents I could feel their disappointment weighing down on me and it drained every ounce of energy I had left. I think I was at about week 8 because my morning sickness has passed... But I'm not quite sure... And right now I am on my way to school (After pretty much being forced into a car by Maya) to tell my boyfriend, and the the father, Dean. Maya pulled into the school parking lot ( May I add that she doesn't even have her driver's licence? I don't even have a drivers licence, I just had my 16th birthday 8 weeks ago, actually my birthday was the day that me and Dean had... well... Done IT... You get it right?

Maya led me into the school and everybody was looking at me now, probably because my usual bright and perky eyes were blood shot and dead looking, my hair was messed up and barely brushed and my usual bright smile was gone. It didn't make things better that I was head cheerleader and extremely popular ( Don't get me wrong I'm not one of those stuck-up, Two-faced girls who think they are better than everybody else cause they can do cartwheels and backflips and wear too revealing clothing. I'm definitely not  that! I mean I'm just me...) So when I say that everybody is looking, I mean everyone.

"Riley! Riley! Are you all right?" Julie ,a girl who has a couple of classes with me, asks kindly.

"Do I look okay to you? NO! Of course I'm not okay! Just leave me alone!" I snap at her and she squeaks a little and runs away. Wow! I'm never that snappy! Talk about mood swings! Now I feel bad... My thoughts did not last long though as I spotted Dean talking with all his jock friends and Samuel..

. "Dean?" I call softly and they all turn towards me. Dean's eyes go wide as he takes in my bedraggled appearence,

     "Riley baby? What's wrong?" he asks and my eyes start to water,

     "Do you remember my birthday?" I ask with tears running down my face and he blushes bright red,

     "I remember?" He says unsurely, still watching me with concerned eyes,

     "DeanI'mpregnant!" I say quickly and he stares at me with confusion,

      "Say what Baby? I did not quite hear you there..." He says and I take a deep breath.

       "Dean... I... I..." I stutter,

       "Just say it Riley." He says and I try to control my tears.

       "I'M PREGNANT!" I scream and the hallway froze, i said that too loud didn't I? I look at Dean as he stares at me in shock, the whole halway of people seemed to be waiting on his reaction to my words, they were whispering among themselves and probably starting all kinds of rumors but at the moment all i wanted was to know was what Dean was going say.

       He looked behind him and one of the jock's mouthed 'Dump her.' and then a voice across the hall screamed, 'NOT WORTH IT DEAN!" And my tears flowed down,

       "Please... Please Dean.. You're all I have..." I whispered and stared at him pleadingly he took my face in his hands and whispered gently,

        "I'm so sorry baby... But I still want to live a little longer, I can't handle this! I'm too young. Sorry baby. I really am..." And with that he turned around and walked away...

A/N

Hey guys! This is a story I've been thinking about for awhile and I would really apreciate to know what people think about it!!! Votes would be coool too!!!!

Soooo.... Comment! Vote! Anything to know it's worth continuing! Thanks!

- Bleeding_Heart357