Undisclosed Desires Chap.7

Start from the beginning

His phone buzzed again,

What did those girls want? –Damien

What the fuck? Drake looked around to see Damien’s Mustang parked across from his school.

So now you stalk me? Damn, your ego bruised or something? Forget what happened and just leave me alone, will you? –Drake

If Damien was so scared that he would say something, he shouldn’t be. Drake wasn’t planning on saying a word to anyone. The only person that witnessed the kiss was Adrian, and he had already sworn to Drake that he wouldn’t utter a single word to anyone.

His phone buzzed again, but this time it was a call.

‘I have nothing else to say, Damien.’

‘You may not have anything to say, but I have a thing or two I want you to hear.’

Drake exhaled in annoyance. ‘If you’re scared that I’m going to tell someone, then don’t be because I won’t say a word.’

‘Will you stop it with that fucking nonsense? I told you that I want to talk to you, now will you cross the damn street or do I have to go and drag you to the car.’ Damien sounded serious.

Drake clicked on Damien and crossed the street. He didn’t want Damien to make a scene in front of his school.

Once he was in front of the car, Damien opened the door. “Get in.”

With a roll of his eyes, Drake climbed in the car and put on his seat belt. He looked out the window as Damien drove away from his school.

“So, how was your last day of school?” Damien asked.

Drake shrugged and continued looking out the window, “No big deal.”

Damien nodded and silent fell among them. He drove for about five more minutes until they reached the park.

Drake turned to look at Damien; with a raised eyebrow, “I thought you were taking me home.”

“I told you I wanted to talk.”

“…and I said I had nothing to tell you.”

“Good thing I didn’t ask, huh?” With a sly grin, Damien climbed out of the car and walked towards the jungle gym.

Drake climbed out of the car, leaving his backpack on the seat, and walked towards the jungle gym. He didn’t hang from it like how he used to do it every time they would come to the park. This time, Drake leaned against one of the columns of the jungle gym and crossed his arms on his chest.

Damien was standing the same way, except he walked over to Drake and stood in front of him.

They were quiet for about five minutes, until Damien cursed under his breath and took a step closer to Drake.

“I’m attracted to you.” Damien said; his voice serious.

There was a moment of silence between them. Both boys staring into each other’s eyes; it sounded very romantic, but it was actually rather embarrassing.

Drake gulped audibly and straightened against the jungle gym. “I’m sorry, what?”

Damien just laughed softly, shaking his head. "Only you could have utter disbelief in your voice at a time like this."

“But I thought you were straight. You have a girlfriend, and your best friend is a homophobic prick.” Drake said ignoring the tingling sensation he felt in his hands; the urge to hug Damien was trying to over take him. He felt his heart skip a couple of beats.

He leaned in close and whispered Drake’s ear, his breath just brushing his earlobe making goose bumps breakout over his arms. "Even straight guys wonder if they really are straight,” Completely ignoring the comment about Steve.

Drake turned his head away and bit his lip, “I don’t know what to say.” Oh. he wanted to say so many things, but he didn’t quite know where to begin.

Having Damien so close to him was doing things to Drake. He could feel his heart beat faster as images of the kiss they shared flooded his head.

“You don’t have to say anything. Not now at least, but think about it. I’ll be gone for a week; my mom is sending me to my dad’s for a whole damn week. When I get back, you can give me your answer. We can just act like nothing happened or part ways. It’s up to you, Drew. If you want me, I’m yours.”

Drake clenched his jaw and nodded. He willed his arms to hold him tighter; fear that he would just jump on Damien came over him. He liked the boy, no more denying it. Without a word, Drake side-stepped around Damien and walked home; once he was sure he was out of Damien’s view, he ran.

He ran like he had never run before. The feel of the wind against his face was starting to calm him down.

Once he reached home, he realized he had forgotten his back pack in Damien’s car. Drake couldn’t care less for the backpack as he climbed the stairs and locked himself in his room.

What am I going to tell him when he comes back? The thought kept replaying in his head, and Drake just groaned.

He was blasting Slipknot from his computer and didn’t care that his father was probably downstairs scowling at the ceiling. His mind was foggy and he was trying to make sure it stayed that way.

He just didn’t want to think, but the music wasn’t working. Thoughts invaded his head and he groaned again, turning to his side and stared out the window.

He could feel his heart beat quicken as he replayed Damien’s words over and over again.

I can’t deny it anymore; he whispered into the darkness of his room and stared out the window. He saw the silhouette of Damien’s body lean by the window, but he didn’t move.

His whole body was trembling. No one had ever told him ‘I’m attracted to you’. He was beyond embarrassed.

He heard as Damien sighed and closed his window. Drake felt like crying, because of his cowardice he might let go of the best thing that had happened to him recently.

Please come back soon, he whispered closing his eyes and dreamt of a pair of blue eyes.