Feelings?~ Haru X Reader

This is my first x reader fic so I hope you enjoy!

Word Count: 2,629 words

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haru's P.O.V. 💙

"Haru-chan!" I heard my best friend, Makoto, call from my front door.

I stayed silent and submerged myself farther underwater in the bathtub, trying to ignore his persistent voice nagging outside of my door. I needed a break, today everything was catching up. My emotions, which I so desperately tried to suppress, were resurfacing. I heard a knock on my bathroom door and a muffled voice because I was still underwater. I ignored the burning sensation in my lungs as I heard the door open and Makoto step in. I felt myself about to lose consciousness, due to the lack of oxygen, but found myself not caring. A large hand pulled me up and Makoto's worried voice flowed through my ears.

"Haru-chan!" Mako yelled. I lazily opened my eyes and looked up at him.

"Drop the chan," I replied as I stood up.

"You scared me! Are you alright?" he asked, even though he knew the answer. He knew me like the back of his hand.

"Sure," I replied and walked into my kitchen. I threw on my apron over my swimsuit and started making some mackerel.

"Haru, what happened?" Mako asked.

"Nothing," I told him, it would be better if he didn't worry about me.

"Come here," he told me. I reluctantly walked over to him and he pulled me into a gentle hug that always made me feel better.

"Thanks Mako," I whisper and detach myself from his embrace.

Today his hug wasn't enough though. As we walked to school silently, I felt myself falling back into my sad mood from this morning. I saw Nagisa and Rei sitting on the bench at the train station, talking about How Nagisa had really improved his academics.

"Hey! Rei! Nagisa!" Mako shouted. I pulled my scarf a bit higher to cover my scowl that would only make people worry.

"Hey Mako-chan! Haru-chan!" Nagisa yelled as he ran over to us. He jumped onto Mako and almost knocked him over.

"Careful Nagisa-kun!" Rei scolded. Nagisa got off of Makoto and turned to me.

"Haru-chan, what are you doing this weekend?" Nagisa asked innocently.

"Nothing I suppose," I told him.

"Do you want to go to a girl's swimming competition with Mako-chan, Rei-chan, and I?" Nagisa asked. I sighed, but nodded my head. Nagisa squealed and hugged me, making me go rigid and he pulled back smiling. Our train was there so we hurried off to school.

~~~~Time skip to after school, brought to you by Momo's speedo~~~~

"So why are we going to a swimming competition?" I ask curiously while we walk home together.

"My cousin (y/n) is in town, she is a great swimmer! She is so fun to watch! She swims breaststroke, like me! She is my age, people always used to think we were twins when we were little!" Nagisa told me.