Leaving the orphanage

"We will pick you up tomorrow. So pack up tonight." Mitch explained to me. I nodded my head and ran to the girls room. I threw my cloths in my  backpack, placed my black bear with rainbow stars on top, and packed up my laptop and the bow and arrows my grandpa gave me. I climbed in bed and fell asleep almost instantly.

The next day, I ran outside and climbed into my favorite tree, awaiting my new guardians. When they pulled up, I heard Mitch talking to the others.

"At first, I thought she was one of the mental fan girls. But she's pretty cool. I hope she likes the room we set up for her." All of the others nodded. Whenever they got in range, I jumped off of the tree and landed right in front of Preston.

"Boo!" I said as I landed.

"Ahhh!" Preston screamed and backed up into Rob, causing them both to fall over. I laughed. The others stood there, in shock.

"H-how did you do that? Are you hurt?" Vikk asked. I shook my head no.
"H-how? That was like, a fifteen foot drop!" Vikk stammered.

"Are you sure you aren't hurt?" Jerome asked.

"Why do you think I should be hurt? Like Vikk said, it's only about fifteen feet."

"Only fifteen feet?" Mitch asked, shocked.  I nodded my head. "Oh my gosh." He said, astonished.

"Wow." Lachlan whispered under his breath.

"Whatever lets just grab your stuff and sign the papers so we can go home." Preston said dusting him self off.
I nodded my head and ran to the room to grab my stuff. When I came to the paper room, I saw everyone signing a paper. Jerome was the first one done, seeing as his legal name was the shortest. He walked over and grabbed my backpack and took it to their car. I ran after him.

"So how did you make that jump?" He asked me as he started the car.

" I have fly hacks." I joked, causing Jerome to laugh. Vikk came out of the orphanage next. "Iv'e been making big jumps forever, even before my parents..." I stopped, thinking if my parents.

"Hey, it"s ok." Jerome comforted me.

"Iv'e been making jumps like that since I was about seven or eight." I explained. Vikk climbed into the car.
"When I was two, I climbed on top of my refrigerator." I told him. Vikk turned around to face me.

"Are you part monkey?" He asked.

"No, cat." I told him. Vikk and rob laughed. Mitch and Rob walked out of the orphanage.  Preston ran after them.
"Don't forget me!" I heard Preston's muffled yells through the car door. I chuckled as he ran to the car.  Lachlan came out last. He hopped in the car. Jerome started up the engine, and we drove off to the new home.