"It's either me or my family," Elena stated firmly.

"So this whole charade was a suicide mission so that you could sacrifice yourself and save everyone else?" Estella asked, her tone growing frustrated.

Elena glanced away, not being able to answer her. Estella's stomach dropped at this. She knew Elena wouldn't give this up, meaning she would be stuck with Elena. Estella's thoughts began to churn as she thought of different possibilities to get out of this mess alive. She only came to one conclusion: call her brothers.

"Cody is on his way. And he really wants to meet you two."

"Two?" Estella questioned. A lump rose in her throat. "Did you tell this guy about me, Alice?"

"Uh, yeah?" Alice replied with a confused look. "Don't you want to go back to Klaus or something?"

Estella narrowed her eyes before she said, "How about that vampire transaction, huh?"

Alice beamed and Estella sarcastically smiled. She bit her wrist, but before she fed Alice the blood, Estella snapped the human's neck.

"Whoops, forgot the blood," Estella muttered with a bitter tone. She glanced up at the doppelgänger, who looked disappointed at Estella's actions.

Elena sighed and walked out the door, walking past a shocked Rose.

"What was that for?" the red-head yelled.

"She was a loose end for when Damon comes here to pick us up," Estella said, her voice low. She made sure Elena was out of hearing range.

"W—loose end?" Rose spoke, this time her voice quieter. Estella rolled her eyes and nodded.

"Yes, now call Damon and tell him to come here and tell him Elena is going to die and won't leave," Estella demanded quietly, but still forcefully. Rose scoffed and took out her phone while Estella walked over to Elena, the two girls sitting on the sofa together in silence.

_____

Estella walked into the living room to see that her older brother, Damon, was standing right behind Elena without her knowing. Elena was confused to see Estella's glance behind her and gasped when she turned around to see Damon there, piercing blue eyes glaring.

"What are you doing here?" Elena questioned, her voice shaking as she realized that she was caught.

"What are you doing here?" Damon asked Elena, his tone harsh.

Rose walked forward and Elena turned to her and asked, "You called him?"

"I'm sorry, Elena."

"You said that you understood!" Elena exclaimed, looking angry and betrayed.

"In all honesty, it wasn't my idea. It was Estella's," Rose told her with a small shrug, glancing at the now annoyed blond.

"What the hell, Estella?" Elena questioned furiously.

"I'm not going to be handed over to Klaus because you want to be the hero, Elena," Estella remarked with a frustrated tone. "There are other options to save your family other than selling yourself to Klaus."