Chapter 9

Dean's POV

We are hunting a vampire and Lily has been taken by them. I'm so scared. If they so much as lay a finger on her they will wish they were never born!

It's all my fault! I should never have agreed to let her hunt with us. What was I thinking? I'm a horrible father.

I was pacing the room thinking about all the horrible things they could be doing to her.

"Dean," Sam spoke up and made me jump, "Sorry. I found where Lily is." I grabbed my gun and coat and ran to the car.

~Time Lapse~

Sam and I were hiding behind some barrels waiting for the opportune moment to pounce.

But all I could think about was how awful Lily looked. She had a gash on the side if her head running from her ear to the side of her mouth. Her lip was swollen and cut open. Blood was pouring out of her nose. There were marks on her neck. Not bites, more like claws all over her neck, that looked pretty fresh. Her hair was sticking everywhere there was blood. She looked so helpless. And I did that to her.

The guy that was watching her turned his back towards us. Sam and I looked at each other and nodded.

I jumped over the barrels screaming. He turned around and I ripped his head off. Sam had started uniting Lily.

"Dean we need to get her out of here. Now. We can find these asswipes some other time." I agreed.

I snaked my arm under Lily's neck and the other under her knee caps. After I had a hold of her we ran back to the car. Sam got in the drivers seat and I got in the back with Lily. I laid her head on my lap stroking her hair.

"It's okay, everything's okay. Daddy's got you. You are safe now." I whispered to her.

She looked at me with those big green eyes, smiled and said, "I know."

It only took us about an hour to get back to Bobby's. He was waiting for us on the porch.

Sam got out of the car and opened the door for me. I was carrying a now sleeping Lily.

"What the hell happened?" Bobby asked rubbing Lily's arm.

"I don't want to talk about it." I grumbled. "It's my fault. Just leave it alone."

Sam ran in front of me and opened the door. I walked into the living room and laid her on the couch.

Bobby walked in with a fist aid kit and started cleaning Lily's wounds and bandaging them. I watched in silence. When he was done he kissed her in the forehead.

"Thanks Bobby."

"Anytime sunshine."

Bobby was almost out of the living room when I asked, "Hey Bobby do you think I would be able to, get out of hunting? For good?"

Bobby sighed, "It would be extremely hard Dean, but I sincerely think that if you really wanted to. Then you could." He walked out without saying anything else.

I looked over at my sleeping beauty. I couldn't help but feel so guilty. She got hurt because of my incompetence.

"Don't worry my flower, daddy will never let this happen to you ever again. I will always be there for you. Whatever it takes."

I laid a blanket over her and kissed her head.

"I promise."

A/N
It's short i know. I'm sorry. I wanted to get something out for you guys. Thanks for being so patient!