5. Change?

Finally the dinner was over. I still feel little sad. Val went home, her parents came. Now it is just me and reez. We both cleared the table, made it clean as usual.

Reez stayed but did not seem much active. I thought she stayed because I cried when karthik left. But she did not say anything about that, but just the fact that she stayed made me strong.

I gave her my new night dress. I don't wear others cloths and I don't let others to wear mine. I always keep two new pairs with me just in case. It is 10.30 pm. We are ready to sleep.

"larren is the girl that walter loves right?" I asked and she nodded.

"why were you scared when walter came here?"

"walter usually gets hurt when he see them togrther"

"but he seemed aright, I mean as usual" I let it out.

"no he is better than usual. His eyes are not tight today. They are soft. May be something added" she said gladly.

"he really loves her. When he saw her his eyes softened. that is so cool. I never seen that happen with any one" my voice is full of excitement.

"I want him to forget her and find someone who can make him his old self."

"he really do love her. Wow that is so cool" I am still excited.

"please, she only made him sad, I hate the fact that he loves her" wow she is angry.

"how is that you are his sister?" I asked trying to change the topic.

" we were neighbours when we're young. My mom and dad never stayed at home. Even if they do they didn't care much about me. Walter's mother took care of both of us. I slowly started calling her mother. She loved me as her own daughter. We both loved her so much. When she left us without even a single word we were not angry. I am sure there is a reason behind it for not to tell us. Walter used to be so happy when she is with us."

She said all this and catch her breathe. I stayed calm as I have no Idea what to say.

"but" she continued.

"I think he will be his old self again. I can see that he's changing. He even smile today when you shouted at karthik. That is more than an achievement for him."

"He smiled? I didn't see that" I said trying to remember when he did that.

"you are too busy being mad" she chuckled a little.

"haha, says who get jealous over a 5 year old kid" I mocked.

"I don't" she said sitting on the bed.

"why do you even react when you don't?"

"I don't get jealous over Valerie because of you" she almost shouted. That's an amusing scene.

I started laughing loudly as I can't stop any more.

"stop laughing" she said stiffly. I didn't.

"stop laughing" she said again. I didn't.

She slowly reached me and started tickling me. I can't bear tickles.

"stop it" I asked

"did you stop when I asked, so no I am not stopping" now she is being stubborn.

I started tickling her. After a lot of fighting, we came to an agreement not laugh and not to tickle.

I am happy that she laughed today. I am glad she stayed. There is something wrong with her life but she doesn't tell and I don't want to force.