(12) Stay Omega Stay

Start from the beginning

He opened the door with one hand, and guided me in the direction where Lucian was staying. However instead of going into his room, we entered a more private looking sitting room. When we entered, Rylan immediately put me down after a feral growl echoed off the hospital walls. I looked confused at him before I was crushed into a strong hug.

I knew it was Lucian immediately because of the soothing tingles and his messy blonde hair. His head was against my neck, and his strong hands were gripping my waist tightly. He was breathing heavily, and it didn't take a genius to know that his wolf was restless.

"I'm okay." I had hoped my voice had come out strong, but all that came out was a low whimper.

"No you're not." He grunted, running his hands along my back, soothing the aching muscles. "I know you're not."

I couldn't control myself as the tears building up had fallen. I wrapped my arms around him, and dug my fingers into his strong back. Hot tears rolled down my cheeks and fell onto his white shirt. I had killed someone, and he knew I wasn't taking it well. I had killed that woman without a second though, and I couldn't see myself doing that again. Ending a life was one of the most terrifying things, especially after snapping someone's neck.

Flashes of the woman's oddly bent neck came into my mind, and I did everything to try to push them away. The way her eyes had remained cold and unmoving was nauseating. She looked alive, if it wasn't for her missing heartbeat and the way she looked up at the starry night with glossy eyes. I couldn't handle with the fact that I had ended a life when I had pledged to stop the killing.

"I killed her. I killed her." I sobbed pressing my head against his muscular chest. "I killed her. It's all my fault she's dead."

"She was trying to hurt you, better her than you." He soothed, moving away from my neck to look into my eyes. His hands cupped my cheeks, and he rested his forehead against mine. "I don't know what I would have done..."

He swallowed hard, unable to finish the sentence. But I knew what he meant, I knew he would've lost it if the woman had killed me instead. He didn't have any way of getting to me in time without knowing I was gone beforehand. He was still healing, and would've hurt himself more trying to save me. It worked in his favor, but not in mine.

My intentions were to grab a witch and end this war with the witches. All we had managed was to save Malcolm, and he probably didn't know much. I needed to have a good grip on this, because if I didn't I wouldn't be able to save the lives of my loved ones. I knew not everyone could be saved, but the more lives spared the better. The first step was finding a way to end the war, and the second we to find a way to bring my brother back so he could watch his son be born.

I felt something prick my neck, and I immediately stiffened. My eyes found Lucian's green ones and they held a huge amount of regret. I detached myself from him to lift my hand to my neck. When I looked back, I saw a small trail of blood on my finger and accusingly looked up at my mate. A syringe was in his hand, and my eyes widened.

"What did you do?" I asked horrified.

"It'll relax you, I just need you to relax." He cringed as I began to sway and the world began to spin. He instantly grabbed me, and my brother took a step from his place to get closer, but my mate only growled.

"Lucian, I'm sorry." I took quick hard breaths between words, and soon enough a slow darkness creeped up and I instantly fell asleep.

«»

I woke up with my back aching, and a splitting headache erupting at my temples. When I opened my eyes, I was greeted with the familiar landscape of my bedroom. I sat up, only to groan as the world spun. My nails dug into the fabric of the bed, my wolf oddly stirring as she came to realize our mate had hurt us.