Chapter 2

The next day Kari woke up to someone knocking on her room door. "Who is it?" Kari asked as she sat up in her bed.

"It's Pit. Lady Palutena sent me to show you around Skyworld." Kari stood up and went to the door after getting dressed. Pit smiled and gestured for Kari to follow. He showed Kari around the whole place, like the meadow, the garden area, the buildings and more. After that Palutena called the two to her chamber.

"Pit, I need you to teach Kari about weapons." Palutena stated. "I will be sending you out on a mission after lunch. So just teach her the basics." Pit widened his eyes in shock.

"Bu-B-but Lady Palutena, Kari's just a human! She can't handle those monsters." Palutena smiled and looked at Kari.

"I'm sure she'll be fine." Is all she said. Kari gulped and gave a small embarrassed blush since Lady Palutena had so much faith in her. Pit then took Kari to the weaponry.

"Alright, pick a weapon." Pit stated with a sigh, not sure why he was doing this. Kari looked around and noticed a set of blue cuffs with five silver spikes on each with a button looking like Kari's symbols. Kari put them on, one on each wrist and ankle. She then pressed the buttons making the hollow spikes hook around her fingers and toes with thin yet durable chains that were long so she could use them as a hook shot as well if she needed to.

"Cool." Kari smiled and nodded at Pit. "Got them!" She smiled and Pit blinked then rushed at Kari. "Whoa!" Kari called and dodged out of the way quickly.

"Nice reflexes." Pit complimented then lunged for another attack. "Keep your guard up." He warned as he went for another attack. Kari nodded. "Keep your most vital areas protected at all times." Pit kept giving helpful advice as they spared together.

Eventually they were sent out on a mission, Pit carrying Kari as Palutena guided him with her power of flight. Kari rode on Pit's back and helped shoot monsters out of the air with her cuff-claws while Pit dodged attacks and shot down some monsters as well with a bow and arrow, sometimes having Kari hang onto his shoulders so he could aim better.

Once they were at their destination they looked around at the scenery. "Ruins...?" Kari stated as she kicked a pebble. Pit looked around with a sigh.

"Yeah. Old Greek ruins." Kari looked at Pit as he spoke. "It looks like it was once a human town but it now is home to monsters." Kari looked into a house and saw two skeletons on the ground. She jumped back in shock as she gasped in surprise. Kari then noticed Pit waving to her. She rushed up to him and saw a bunch of monsters doing work.

"Soooo... What do we do?" Kari asked in a low whisper and looked at Pit.

"There are too many to fight head on. So we sneak in." Pit whispered then went on ahead, he did this because he felt that if he were to fight then Kari would get hurt badly. "Follow my lead." He whispered and Kari nodded, doing as she was told. The two were soon inside a big temple like building. Pit noticed that they, as in the underworld forces, were training monsters to become much stronger. Kari stared and Pit did the same.

"Keep it up men!!" Called a voice. It was a fat floating human looking figure.

"Kari, take a mental note of what I'm about to say." Pit started and Kari nodded. "That guy is called Thanatos. He works for Medusa, the goddess of darkness." Pit said and Kari gulped as she looked on.

"He looks creepy..." Kari whispered with a shiver. Pit nodded.

"No objections there." He said with a huff. "Come on, we need to get over to that door." Pit pointed to an arched door on the other side of the room. Kari sighed and nodded, a little nervous.