Involuntary Parents [6]

Naruto sighed deeply and slumped against the door. He felt a head nuzzle beside him as he lowered himself to the floor.

"Hey bud," he said rubbing the head of the dog. He whimpered and licked Naruto's face. "Alright, alright," he chuckled.

Lifting himself off the floor he made his way to the kitchen to feed his furry friend. His fur was golden, almost the colour of a flame. Chocolate eyes so deep there seemed to be a hit of blood red mixed in. Encased in dark circles that spanned from the corners of his eyes to his ears.

"Eat up Kurama," Naruto said placing the bowl filled with dog food on the ground.

He threw himself on the couch in the living room and scratched his head. He was forgetting something. But what? What was so important?

Deciding to just take a shower and a quick nap, he got up. But he came to a quick halt when a low thud was heard. Looking at his feet he saw the pair of extra keys he'd gotten. On the end of the key ring was a fluffy orange fox with nine tails.

"Dammit!" He cursed as he remembered. He was supposed to talk to Hinata. Grabbing his own keys he stormed out of the house, slamming the door in the process.

*

"Open the door!" Sakura yelled as she banged her fists against the wooden barrier. There was no response, nor did the door budge. "Sasuke Uchiha!" She screamed in frustration.

"What do you want?" She heard from the window.

"Just open the damn door you prick," she gritted out. She was sick and tired of his immature behavior towards her.

"No," he said moving away from the window.

"You're so immature! Just open the door before I kick it off!" She said. She was passed pissed, far beyond it. She was livid.

"Go ahead and try," he muttered. Taking a deep breath she tried to keep calm.

"Fine," she muttered giving up. If he didn't want to let her in, then that was his problem. She'd like to see him reproduce by himself. Taking her phone from her uniform skirt, she quickly dialed a number.

"Moshi moshi?"

"Sasori," she said leaning against the door.

"What's wrong Sakura?" He asked, his voice laced with concern. A smile curled her lips, he was always like this, ever since she first met him at a stupid art exhibition her parents dragged her to when she was 7.

"Can we meet somewhere? You know...to talk." She said closing her eyes. She needed to get away from that devil she called her husband.

"Sure. Meet me at the Starbucks in town," he said.

She nodded knowing that he couldn't quite see her, "great. See you then."

"Bye," he said then hung up.

Sakura sighed and eased herself off the door then started walking to her car. "Where are you going?" Said a voice from the now open door.

"Away from you," she muttered blinking rapidly to hold back tears. She didn't turn around, afraid she'd see his face and be tempted to stay. She got in her car and drove off.

Sakura got to her destination in no time and quickly made her way inside the busy joint. It's like this place is always packed, she thought.

"Sakura," she heard her name. Scanning the area she found her red headed friend at a table.

She smiled and made her way over to him. "Hey."

"Got your favourite," he said scooting the container across the table to her.