❝He has everything to fight for.❞

lee/skye

It's been four months. He hasn't even called one time. Not once. Luke calls a few times a week. Amber and harry as well. I was coming to visit them next month, as it was almost summer time there and it was always very lovely there. Right now Fletcher was using my computer, Skyping his dad. He's learned to speak now, he can say most words, so I was glad. "Mam." He called out. I went into the living room, where our desktop was, "Yes baby?" I asked from the doorway, I'd been washing dishes. "Dada wants to talk to you. He said it's grown up stuff." He said his baby accent was getting clearer, so we could now understand most of what he said. "Alright. Go eat your sandwich babe. It's on the table and I turned on Spongebob." I said sitting where he previously was. "Okay, Mam." He said kissing my cheek, before running into the opposite room. "Whatcha need?" I asked him. "Um, have you heard from Michael at all?" he asked me suddenly. I shook my head and said, "No. Not since the airport. Why? Have you heard from him?" I asked, really demanded, but to me it's the same thing. Especially when Michael was involved. "He's in the hospital, Skye." He said. "What? What do you mean he's in the hospital? Luke?" I rushed out. "He's been in a coma. For three months. He was in a car accident." He sniffed. "He was on his way to the airport to go back to you." Tears welled up in my eyes. "No. Luke please tell me you're kidding." I begged him. He shook his head and smiled sadly at me. His own eyes had tears. Michael was his best friend. Then Luke disappeared and I saw a figure in a hospital bed. I wouldn't have recognized him if it wasn't for his hair. It was back to pink. "Michael." I whispered tears falling from my eyes. "I thought maybe you could make your trip early. Maybe if he hears your voice he might wake up." Luke said to me. His face appearing on the screen again. I nodded and said, "I'll be there tomorrow. I'll see you then." I hung up the call. "Fletcher we're gonna go see your Dada." I said after I wiped my tears away. He cheered and ran to his room. I called my job and said I had to go out of the country because family issues, they understood wishing me the best. 

+++

I walked into the hospital the next day. I walked to the front desk. "What room is Michael Clifford in?" I asked the lady. I discretely switched my diamond ring to my left hand. Just in case. "Honey, I'm sorry I can't tell you. I'm afraid he's in the ICU. Family only." She hadn't looked too sorry. I'm his fiance and this is his son." I showed her my ring and my son. She looked surprised. "He's a bit young to be married isn't he?" She questioned. "He's 23." I said stiffly. She didn't think I saw her roll her eyes. "What room is my fiance in." I didn't ask her this time. I demanded.  She told me and spent about ten minutes searching for it. When I found it, Luke and Ashton were there. "How'd you get in?" They asked at the same time, not unkindly. "I'm his fiance." I said without emotion as I held up my ring. "You?" I added looking at them. "Step brothers." Luke answered. I nodded. I handed Fletcher to Luke. He was asleep so he only sighed when he moved too much and he settled into Luke's neck just as he had mine. I went over to Michael's bed. A chair was sat right by his head. "We're gonna go to the cafeteria. You want something?" Ashton asked as he held the door open for Luke whose hands were full. I shook my head. He nodded and they were gone. "I love you, Michael." I sniffed, the tears already spilled down my cheeks. "I love you so much." I put my hand in his. It was warm. "I know I left you alone and this is probably karma, and I'm sorry for leaving you. I'm so so sorry, Michael. Please don't leave me alone." I whispered to him as I laid my head on the side of the bed. 

I was woke up to hearing a baby crying. "Fletcher." I groaned with my eyes closed as I sat up, my eyes still closed. I heard a sleepy chuckle. "Babe, Fletcher is five. He doesn't cry anymore. That's Ashton." The man kissed my cheek and I smiled. "Michael, Ashton is a 26 your old man. I don't think he cries either." I said to him confused. "I'm talking about our daughter smarty pants. Ashton Carlie Clifford. Just like I wanted remember." I felt him kiss the back of my neck now. The baby still crying. "I'll get her." He smiled at me. I looked after Michael as he walked into the hall in nothing but his boxers. I plopped back on my pillows. A few minutes later I heard. "She wants to see her Mommy." I smiled and looked at them as he carried her over to me. Once she was in my arms he settled himself back into bed. "What time is it?" I asked him looking down at the most beautiful baby girl I've ever seen. I looked at him, wondering why he hadn't answered me. I screamed when I saw him, the baby that was in my hands suddenly wasn't there. Michael was wrapped in a body cast and all I could see of him was his hair. His bright pink hair. 

I sat straight up, my back popping several times as I did so. I whimpered a little bit because it startled me. "You were asleep for about 15 hours." Ashton said, sounding surprised. "The nurse thought you were dead." He chuckled, it was contagious, I had to laugh. I only just noticed that he had a boot on. "What happened to your leg?" I asked him. He looked at me as if I was stupid. "I was in the car with him." he said this as if I should've known this. I felt like I should be angry, but I wasn't. "You can yell at me. Everyone else has. I was the one driving." He shrugged as if it hadn't bothered him. I could tell it did though. Sweet Ashton who couldn't hurt anyone, well Luke told me he beat him pretty bad, was as fragile as a flower. "I'm not gonna yell at you, Ash. I'm not ever slightly mad at you. I don't blame you or anything." He nodded, as if he appreciated my words. "Has there been any changes? You said the nurse was here?" I asked, so I didn't make him uncomfortable. "He moved his fingers, but they said it was normal. But he did make a noise. I couldn't hear what he said, but he lapsed back into coma." He explained. I'd heard about people moving while under, but never speaking or making noises. "He's fighting. I know he is." I heard Ashton say a few minutes later. "Of course he is. He has everything to fight for. Right?" I said hoping. I looked down at the love of my life. If he didn't fight, I'd have to start over with my life. I wouldn't have anyone who would love me as much as Michael did. "I love you, Michael. I know you can hear me. And I know you're fighting." I kissed his cheek as leaned back in my chair. 

hey guys! don't kill me! I hope you liked it! Vote! Comment! Tell your friends!

lots of love

skyelee<3