❝Nothing lasts forever. Nothing stays the same.❞

michael

I didn't see her until it was too late to turn back around. She'd fallen, I think, in the road. I know I should've gone back. But I couldn't face her. I've been dreaming about this day since the night she left and it never ended with me driving away from her. It never ended in me leaving her behind. It never ended in me crying into my pillows. It never ended with Ashton holding me until I fell asleep. And it sure as hell didn't end in me getting up the next morning and going back. 

lee/skye

I'd been carried to my room, by Louis, who had appeared out of no where. I had scraps on my hands and knees, I didn't know how they got there, but they burned. I knew they did because they were red and rashy, but I couldn't feel it. "He just left you in the middle of the road?" Louis gasped when I told him what happened. I had started crying in the end. I nodded and said, "Maybe he didn't see me."  I stood up and started pulling my clothes from the closet. "What are you doing?" Louis asked me as he looked at me from his spot on my bed. He'd been laying with me since he brought me here an hour ago. "I'm leaving, Lou. I'm taking Fletcher and I'm going back home. I need to see someone and I want to forget about all of this. I want to pretend I never came back." As I spoke I shoved my clothes into my suitcase and when I was finished with my clothes I started on Fletcher's, which didn't take long at all. "I'll go back with you, even though I know it's a bad idea." I nodded and he left the room to pack. After I was finished packing I held Fletcher. "Dada." He said as he played with my necklace. "Are you gonna miss your Daddy?" I asked him. He could understand some words, I knew that much. "Dada." He said again, this time laying down on my chest. After a few moments I heard his soft snoring and I stood laying him on the bed so I could do something. 

+++

About a half hour later Louis came back in and said, "Are you gonna say bye to Harry and Amber?" I shook my head and held up the paper. "I called a taxi and he's outside already. I'll give you a minute while I put the bags in the car." He touched my shoulder and I nodded. When he grabbed my two suitcases and left I sat down on the edge of the bed and cried. I didn't want to leave again, but I had to. It was best for everyone. Even me. I laid the paper on the bed, where Amber or Harry would for sure find it in the morning. I grabbed my sleeping boy and I closed the door as I walked down the front steps. I handed Fletcher to Louis and he put him in his car seat. I looked at the house as I got in. "I'm gonna miss you guys." I said as I kissed my fingers and held it to the house. Then we were off to the airport. "We can always turn back around." Louis reminded me. "I know we can. But... I don't want to." I lied looking out the window. We boarded the first flight home and I cried, hoping no one noticed. 

amber (the next day)

"It's almost one is Skye still asleep?" I asked Harry as I made him something to eat. I'd already blended Fletcher some food and had his high chair ready. Skye insisted on feeding him but I hadn't minded taking care of Fletcher. "I don't know babe, I'll go check, her and Louis did come in late last night." He said as he headed up the stairs. After about five minutes later he still wasn't downstairs. "Harry?" I called out as I walked up the steps. Skye's bedroom door was open and Harry was sitting on her bed. On her empty bed. Nothing of hers was in the room. Harry was in tears, which was what  worried me. "She's gone, Amber. She's gone." He held a piece of paper in his hands. I plucked it from them and read it. 

Amber & Harry,

Please don't be mad. I know I left in the middle of the night, not saying anything to you guys, but I had to. You guys would've tried to make me stay and I knew I'd let you convince me to stay. That's why I left you in the night, because I knew you'd be asleep. Michael knows who I am. He found out, I don't know how, maybe he went through my phone. He ran away from me, Amber. He ran and when I chased him he didn't care. I fell on the road and he didn't even slow down. If he loved me so much then why did he leave? This isn't just about Michael either. A few people now know who I am, and I won't be around when the rest of everyone finds out. Harry, I'll Skype you all the time so you can watch Fletcher grow up, he has to know what a good person you are, despite your appearance. I know you're mad at me right now because you just got your family back and now I'm taking it away again. You don't have to worry about me, I'm gonna be okay when I get back to where I was. Louis is with me, so you don't have to worry about him either. 

Tell Luke I'm sorry, but if I left Fletcher what kind of mother would I be? Tell him it was me and tell him that I honestly do forgive him for what he did years ago. Give him my phone number if you want. Fletcher already loves Luke and he keeps calling out for his dad. Tell him I'm sorry that I'm taking Fletcher away from him again. I knew he was happy yesterday, spending time with Fletcher. But nothing lasts forever. 

And unfortunately, nothing stays the same. 

I'll talk to you when I can. 

I love you all so much.

-skye 

michael

I knocked on Harry's front door. It was around one in the afternoon so hopefully everyone was awake. No one answered after a few minutes. Harry wouldn't mind if I walked right in, hopefully.  I opened the door, thankfully it was unlocked. "Hello? Is anyone home?" I called into the house. "Upstairs!" I heard Harry call. I went upstairs, the only door that was open was Skye's. I took a deep breath and prepared myself for the worst. I walked in the room and I didn't expect to find Harry and Amber siting on a made bed. Nothing of Skye's was in the room. Fletcher's small crib was empty and so was the closet. "Where's Skye?" I asked feeling close to tears. Amber looked up at me and for the first since the car ride home after Harry sold her, she looked at me with hate. "If you had just listened to what she had to say, she'd still be here." Amber said tears slipping down her face. I didn't understand why they talked all the time, I'd figured it out, when she was still missing. "She took my nephew and ran. And if you hadn't left her in the middle of the road she'd still be here!" Harry screamed at me and he lunged. 

The last thing I felt was his hands around my neck and Amber screaming Harry's name. 

hey guys! I hope you liked it! Don't hate me!!!! Vote! Comment! Tell your friends!

lots of love

skyelee<3