hour 20; long live our 18 hour romance

Jack and I are the first off the plane because he got special departure privileges from being famous. He held my hand as we left the plane, the bald man sitting in front of us was awake, but his wife was still asleep so he has no idea how ridiculous he looks.

Long live me and Jack's prank.

Our slow steps took us passed a lot of the flight attendants, Marie winked at me- she was the one I had to thank for this. She sat me next to Jack in first class, she's my guardian angel.

Long live Marie, her kindness, and her unintentional match making.

We pass by the cockpit, where Jack sang to me and where I realized how strong my feelings for Jack really are. Where we stood and looked out the view of the plane, and Jack got to play pilot, fulfilling one of his childhood dreams. He ceased to amaze me, with anything. When he showed me his music, when he proved he wasn't the stupid pretentious famous boy I thought he was, when he laughed at the weirdest things, when he made me feel like everything I did had meaning and purpose.

Long live the feeling he gives me.

Our feet hit the hallway that leads out of the plane, and Jack stopped us. "When we get out there, there might be some fans. They're going to see us and they're probably going to assume things, but I just want you to know that after we step out of here, the past 18 hours are not just in the past. They will be forever locked in my mind for the rest of my life, until I see you again." He lazily swings our hands before looking into my eyes hopefully.

"Jack, I think after we step out of this hallway, everything we shared is over." I whisper silently and all hope is smacked clean off his face. He looks like I just told him I killed his family, he looks sadder than anything I've ever seen and right now, the world is moving in slow motion.

"But, Austin, I love you." He whispered, sounding small and weak.

"Jack I love you too, but it's not going to happen. You're too A-list for me. I'm not your type, I don't even have any social media, how do you expect me to be with you and to be blasted all over the tabloids because you're famous?" I whisper and he grabs my chin.

"Austin, please, give us chance. Give me a chance to show you I'll put you above everything." He looked so lost about what I was saying, he was so crushed that it took everything in me to not jump onto him and kiss him.

"Jack, I can't. This is so hard for me to say because I love you, but you have a life. You have something so much more important than what I have, you have passion, you have something to fight for. You have your music, and you have support from your millions of fans, you need to go back out there and pretend this past 18 hours didn't happen." I shake my head all the while I'm talking, and Jack is looking helplessly destroyed.

"Austin, please, you can't just throw us away. I'll be your support, you can be passionate about me, I can be important for you, fight for me, fight for us." He says, his words sounding heavy and broken.

"But what about when we fight? What about if we break up? What will I have then besides hate from your fans and a broken heart? That will be even worse than right now." I say meekly, my words getting caught in my throat. I can't look up at him, if he sees me crying that will make this all worse, if he sees me then he'll hold me and I'll fall into his trap.

"Austin, look at me please." He said softly. He lifted my chin and the second my eyes locked with his I jumped up onto his lips, pressing mine against his. He reacted immediately, lifting me so I wouldn't have to stand on my toes to reach his height. He pressed me against the walls and I was in an inexperienced tango with a professional.