hour 17; first date

"Austin," Jack says while playing with the hair that had fallen from my messy bun, "I think we both have shown our feelings for each other. And if within 16 hours you can make me fall for you and I can make you fall for me, well then to heck with all those rules the world has, let's go on a date." He has a goofy grin spread across his face and I can't help but smile back.

I don't really know what he means by a "date" but I nod anyway. He smiles widely and presses the flight attendant button that's above our heads. He whispers something to her and she nods before walking off hastily. I give him a skeptical look and he just smiles at me. "Should I be afraid?" I ask him sarcastically.

He rolls his eyes and sticks his tongue out. I poke his nose and he laughs at me, "God, I love it when you're like this. It makes me want to pack you up and bring you everywhere I go just so I can have you whenever I want you." Jack says and I look at him wide eyed. I think it takes him a minute to realize what he actually said. While acknowledging our worst enemy- time- he also acknowledged how strong his feelings are for me.

My wide eyed expression turned into a smile and Jack's worried one did the same. And there we were, sitting and smiling like two idiots because of Jack's basically pointless shout into the air about his feelings for me.

"Here's your food sir." The flight attendant returns with two pates covered by the metal tins. They're placed in front of us and Jack thanks her.

When we are alone he smiles at me and removes the two tins. In front of us is steak, potatoes, and a caesar salad, our dinner(?) date. I smile at him, not being able to contain any of my happiness. "This is perfect, Jack. I can't believe you did this for me." I hug him and his hands find their place on the small of my back and mine find their place around his neck. My fingers lightly swirl in the hairs that are situated on the nape of his neck and I lay my head on his shoulder as we sit in our embrace.

Jack is one of those people I won't be forgetting, ever. He is entirely too important to me, and for what? I met him 16 hours ago by chance, why is he so different than anyone else? Why did he change everything about my view on love? I don't want him to feel like "the one" because I know that he'll be out of my life in an hour and 30 minutes. But here, in his arms I literally don't even care if we have a million years or 13 seconds, because he makes time seem infinite.

"Okay, lets eat." He said and we reluctantly let go of each other. I immediately realize how hungry I am, the last time I ate was before I left my hotel at 5 am, so I'm starving. First, I dig into the steak, it's delicious. After I moan about how good the steak is for a few minutes, Jack starts feeding me, which makes me laugh and choke a little bit.

"Oh my god, Austin are you okay?" Jack starts freaking out which makes me laugh more and I eventually calm down enough to stop choking. I give him a thumbs up and he starts laughing too.

We turn into a bunch of laughing idiots, which has happened more than a few times today. And again, I'm admiring Jack and I'm trying to memorize the sound of him laughing. I can't help but smile and become quiet, staring at Jack in awe.

"The date isn't done yet." Jack said and pulled out his MacBook. He pushes the seat divider up between us and pats the spot next to him on his chair. I squeeze next to him and he put his arms around me. "Want to watch a horror movie?" He asks as he pulls up his list of movies. I nod and lay my head on his shoulder, I see him smile down at me before picking on Paranormal Activity.

The movie starts, but I am not focusing at all on the stupid introduction to the over exaggerated movie, I'm focusing on Jack, and the way he looks with the movie's glare shining on his face.

"Thank you, Jack." I whisper. He pauses the movie and moves back so he can look at me with a confused expression- the same confused expression he wore the first time we talked.

"For what, Ausi?" He says and I don't even mind the name, it sounds like silk in my ears as long as he's saying it.

"For showing me how to trust and that it's okay to let yourself fall if someone is going to be there to catch you." I say and he lays his lips on my forehead.

"I'll always catch you, Austin." He said quietly and I grip onto him tighter. He is definitely the one. There's no denying the fairy tale story that we've encountered, we both fell for each other without a parachute.

We both look at each other for a little while, and I take my time examining his eyes, the eyes that I once thought were mysterious and unreadable were now an open book to me. A guy I once thought was completely unattainable to me is now laying in the palm of my hand- well I guess that's not accurate. Maybe he'd be laying in the palm of my hand if my hand was paralyzed, because he'd do anything for me, but there isn't any time for him to do anything. He's so close, but so far away. I want him to be mine, but my common sense keeps me in check.

It's ridiculous to think that we would ever be able to keep a relationship. He's always on tour and I'm going to be stuck on the college campus running around trying my best to keep my grades up, and no matter how hard I've fallen for him within 16 hours and 45 minutes, I can't deny that our romantic rampage is going to come to an end after 18 hours.

Jack decides to turn off the movie, and even though we didn't do much, just sitting here in Jack's arms makes this the best date I've ever been on.