hour 11; the list

After my breakdown Jack turned in for some well deserved sleep- he's a guy and I don't really think he'd ever seen a girl shake and cry while recalling her traumatic rape story before (or at least I hope he hasn't).

As he laid in the window seat (which we had been switching in and out of) I had pulled out my notebook to get some things straight.

One of those things mainly being my feelings for Jack. I mean 10 hours sitting next to each other with no time away from each other is going to evoke some feelings, whether they're good or bad I'm not really sure.

So, I decided that I needed to write out a list of things that I like about him- well the things I've found out about him within 10 hours.

1. His laugh
2. His smile
3. His luscious hair that I just want to run my fingers through all the time.
4. We've spent 10 hours together and haven't run out of things to talk about
5. He is the complete opposite of what I assumed he would be.
6. He laughs at all of my bad jokes.
7. He actually looks good in joggers (I hate joggers on everyone so this is an accomplishment)
8. The way he trash talks Madison.
9. The spark in his eye when he talks about something he loves.
10. How willing he is to talk to me about everything
11. The little crease between his eyebrows when he gets confused.
12. How bushy his eyebrows are.
13. From what I can tell his fans are amazing (even though they were kinda snobbish in the airport).
14. The way he says my name like it holds so much meaning to him.
15. He genuinely cares about what I have to say.
16. It doesn't matter what I tell him because I'll only know him for 7 and 1/2 more hours.
17. How he nervously taps his foot before he says something sweet
18. How he softly snores when he sleeps.
19. I don't have to know every basic detail about him to feel like I've known him forever.
20. His voice and how much passion he has for his music.

I pause for minute as a stewardess taps on my shoulder, I look up at her and she opens her mouth, "would you like anything?" She says politely and I nod, asking for a coke.

She pours me the drink and hands it to me before standing there for a few more seconds. "Are you two dating?" She blurts out and her cheeks redden with embarrassment.

"No, we just met." I laugh the words out, she's probably utterly confused because Jack and I have been holding hands for the past half an hour since he fell asleep.

She nods with her eyebrows drawn together before walking away and dragging the cart behind her.

My gaze shifts to our hands- our fingers are laced together, and our palms are firmly placed against one another. Every so often I feel his hand twitch in his sleep and it makes me smile (21. When his hand twitches while he's sleeping). I rub my thumb against his tan hand, I revel in the feeling of our hands touching each other and how complete that makes me feel (22. He makes me feel complete).

I pull my phone out and take a picture of our hands, and a selfie of me and him sleeping on my shoulder (23. When he sleeps on my shoulder, 24. His head nuzzled into my neck and his breath fanning my collar bones.)

After every compliment he's told me today, this is the first time I've seen what I look like and I actually don't look that bad. Maybe it's just the major confidence boosts he's been giving me (25. When he compliments me because I actually believe it) or maybe it's me starting to feel good about myself, but I just feel great right now.

For the first time in a long time I pull- more like heave- my gaze away from our hands (26. He puts me into these trances that I can't help but enjoy). I look around the first class, I notice how miserable everyone looks.

The men look tired and aged with wrinkles and grey, balding hair. They've let themselves go a long time ago and they have huge beer bellies to prove it. The alcoholic beverages placed in front of them don't help their case because they literally look like they're about to keel over and die right now.

Their wives- and the other women in first class- don't look much better. Their faces are cakes with makeup but their wrinkles and the obvious plastic surgery done to their faces make the overzealous foundation and bronzer even more obvious. Their vibrant shades of eyeshadow do nothing but enhance the insanely too dark skin tone- considering their necks are a completely different color than their faces.

If Jack was awake right now he would be laughing at these weirdos with me. (27. We have the same sense of humor.) I'm such a creep, I just met Jack, a famous guy who probably has girls fawning all over him, and yet I feel like he has some weird connection with me? Why do I like the fact that I think about him when something reminds me of him? (28. EVERYTHING reminds me of him.)

He's one person that I will never regret meeting and if I could have anything it would be for Jack and I to not be separated after these next 7 hours and 15 minutes and that we could have forever after this plane ride. But life isn't a fairy tale, and this short romantic escapade will have its downfall.

So for now, I just have to be thankful for what I was handed. And if I could thank God for anything, it's Jack Gilinsky, I guess you made one guy right.