Chapter 6: The Heart Wants What The Heart Wants

Song for this chapter: The Joker - New Years Day

Sierra's POV

I forced Jaz to come home shortly after Ricky and I's 'almost kiss' because I felt far too awkward there. I could feel him watching my every move. It's ruined our friendship before it even properly begun.

"Sie!" Jaz yelled and snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"What I'm sorry?" I asked, shaking my head a bit.

"I said watch where you're going there's a bin up ahead," She chuckled just as I walked into a bin.

"Thanks," I muttered sarcastically and walked around the bin this time.

"My pleasure," She grinned back and linked arms with me. "What's up with you though? You've been acting weird ever since you made us leave the guys."

"It's nothing," I lied.

"I don't believe you," She stated and crossed her arms at me. "I will get it out of you," She warned.

"I'm sure you will," I said condescendingly. "So what's the deal with you and Ryan?"

"He's cute," She nodded.

"Cute? Just cute? Don't you like him?"

"I don't know I mean, yeah he's nice and he's gorgeous and all, but he seems emotionally distant."

"Ghost told me he's recently divorced," I muttered.

"And you didn't think to tell me?" She exclaimed.

"No because I didn't think it would matter!"

"How could it not matter?"

"Because being divorced didn't change him all that much," I sighed. "Maybe he'll be different when you guys are alone."

"Maybe," She shrugged. "I'll see if we ever get to be alone first," She smirked.

"I'll fix something up," I grinned.

We reached the house and we walked in and dropped our bags at the door. I slipped off my VANS and looked around for Ashley. No sign of her.

"Ash?" I yelled. No reply.

"There's a note on the door," Jaz said and handed me a piece of paper.

Scrawled across the paper was Ashley's, somehow always neat, cursive writing. 'Just in case you're back when I'm out, I've gone to get a few things at the store. I'm also going to buy some snacks and we can have a girls night tonight. Invite Jaz if you want. I want to make it up to you. Ash <3.' I smiled softly at the paper - I can't stay mad at her.

"Free snacks!" Jaz cheered from her position behind me, reading the letter over my shoulder.

"I take it you're coming then," I laughed.

"Wouldn't miss it," She grinned.

--

"Jaz nothing happened," I exclaimed for the millionth time as Jaz bugged me about Ricky.

"You wouldn't just leave like that for no reason so tell me!"

"Jaz no!"

"But we tell each other everything," She pouted.

"Jaz," I sighed.

"Tell me or I'll tell Ricky you like him."

"You wouldn't."

"Oh but I would. And don't play the whole 'but I don't even like him' card because it's so obvious you do," She laughed.

"Fine," I sighed, giving into her. "Ricky took me up to bed as you know, but in my exhausted state I asked him to stay with me. He asked if it was okay to sleep in his underwear like normal or if I wanted him to cover up and I said I didn't care. He got into bed with me and we just hugged all night. No game, no catch, he just did it because I wanted to. So I decided I can trust him because he didn't take advantage of me at all. I told him and we were messing about when we almost kissed."