Chapter Fourteen: Safe and Sound

(Grell's P.O.V)

I awaken to my wounds tended to and, to my surprise I am being carried by pale, smooth hands. I look up as my eyes start to un-blur and focus as I see William staring down at me a concerned look on his face. He managed to explain that he killed the so called slasher, which was generally against the to-die-list's. "You lost a large amount of blood that you fainted.. I'm glad that your alright though. "You should be more careful.."

"I know.."

"Why didn't you do anything about it..? You had your scythe with you." I simply closed my eyes to hold back tears and to calm my self so I wouldn't run in the condition I was in at the moment.
"I'm glad I came." I looked up at him."For work purposes?.." I said reluctantly. "No..." He said, in an odd, loving tone as he gently kissed my forehead.

(Third Person P.O.V/Timeskip)

The previous week went by quickly, Grell had returned home, saying goodbye to Ronald. He stayed there for a couple of days, and hadn't come out since, because of his wounds. He laid his head back his mind pressing the replay button over and over on the past events that took place.

-Le Flashback-

"I'm glad I came."

"For work purposes?.." I said reluctantly.

"No..." He said, in an odd, loving tone.

-End-

"No...No?!" He yelled to himself wondering what his 'no' meant. If it was not for work purposes then what was it for? Did this mean that he like him a little bit, just enough that he would save him? He did kiss him. He felt so and a small piece of happiness came to him before remembering what William said a few months ago, which turned his joyful smile into a hurtful frown.

-Le another flashback-

"I hate you Grell! I would never love someone like you!"

-End-

He rolled around sticking his head in to his pillow, slightly confused and angered at the same time."Someone like me, huh?..."