Chapter 7 - Guys Are Like Laxitaves, They Irritate The Crap Out of You

Start from the beginning

"Kids, we have guests arriving so come on down!" I heard my Dad yell to us from downstairs loudly as I also heard vehicles arriving at our house.

"I'll be right there," I said as I closed my laptop and stood up slowly, knowing tonight was going to be a fairly hectic night.

As I walked towards my door, I stopped and looked at myself in the mirror. My blonde hair was down and going into natural waves, I was wearing light skinny jeans with a blue shirt and dark grey sweater. I had some light make up on, and I was ready to go and attempt to make some small talk with the children my age from my Dads work.

"Hadley, hurry up! Kim is here!" I heard my Dad call loudly as I opened my door and began to go downstairs to see some recognizable people standing in our foyer as they removed their shoes slowly.

"Hadley, look how beautiful you are!" Called Kim's mom with a smile, she hasn't been to a dinner party in forever because her and her husband had been separated for a short period of time.

"Hello Mrs. Larim," I said with a smile as I stood on the very bottom stair and my brothers rushed quickly downstairs in some khakis and plain shirts.

"And boys, you two are growing to be fine young men." She said to them with a smile as they just smiled back not remembering who it was speaking to them.

"Alright, why don't you kids go in the backyard and hang out. I'll call you all back in when dinner is ready," my Mom told us with a smile as I nodded my head and indicated for Kim to follow me through our surprisingly clean house.

"So, how's everything going?" She asked me with a smile as we made our way through the crowded kitchen where food and wines were covering the countertops.

"It's going pretty good," I said with a small smile as I opened the back doors and the twins ran outside leaving us standing there. "No complaints. How about yourself?"

"I'm doing good," she said with a small smile as she stepped out onto our deck and I followed her. "I swear you guys have the nicest back yard."

"It's nice, but it's a lot of work." I said as I thought about the gardener we had to hire because of how much property we own, he comes about three times and week and just takes care of the plants and he'll clean up bushes and trees.

"I can imagine, there's a lot of land back here." She said indicating to all of the quad and riding trials we have in the trees right behind my house.

"Well how about school?" I asked her as we walked to my old tree house and sat down on the small, yellow swings.

"It's going really well! I am honestly so glad all of the high school drama is almost done." She said with a sigh and laugh as we each swung back and fourth.

"I know what you mean," I replied with a small sigh as I looked towards my still flat stomach, knowing eventually it will begin to grow.

"Oh, and aren't you excited about our parents going to Hawaii!" She said with pure joy in her eyes, even though the two of us weren't going. We were staying in town as our parents left, just for school and sports and other important activities.

"I'd be more excited if I was going, and it's not just our parents," I began remembering my brothers are allowed to go because my parents are too worried about them to leave them here because I won't be able to watch them the entire time, "my brothers are both going."