Chapter 10

I was alone with Riven since the two of them went to place the order. I knew what was in the mind of Meldy and I objected this idea, from the bottom of my heart.

 A couple of moment went by silently after their departure. What was taking them so long? He then broke this annoying silence. 'So Rosy, you've got my messages?'

 'What messages? Ohhh! That was you...'

 He broke out into an infectious smile that contaminated me every time I see it. But this time, I tried to refrain myself from not smiling like an idiot since I was supposed to be in shock.

 'Who gave you my number?' I continued.

 Riven rolled his brown eyes to meet Meldy and Cole and I think that I know the culprit. 'It was Meldy, huh?'

 He nodded and said: 'Good deduction, my dear Watson!'

 I giggled at his last words. His face then became serious, making me feel weird. 'I've got an important question for you, Rosy and you must promise me that you'll answer it truly!'

 'Um, it'll depend what question you want to ask!' I said sheepishly.

 But again, his face became so hard and damn serious that I was obliged to say: 'Promise!'

 He took a deep breath before breathing out heavily. 'Did Kelly do something stupid to you?'

 I stared at him in blank confusion. Why was he so interested in what Kelly did to me? I thought hard in my mind then replied: 'No, not till now!'

 'Is that the truth?'

 'Y-yeah, I promised, you remember?' I said, trying to ease the tension between us.

 One of his eyebrows shot up and his lips curved into the most gorgeous of smiles. I was melting, MELTING!!

 Damn it, when were they going to reappear?? I played nervously with my mobile on the table before he took my hands.

 I fell in a trauma state. Riven was holding my hands. The look on his face was priceless and I was feeling ridiculous compared to him.

 'If ever Kelly does something bad to you, you tell me, ok?' he said, a genuine smile playing on his face. 'Promise me!'

 I stared at him. The lump in my throat grew bigger and I tried to reply back: 'I-I promise!'

 'So that's what you were doing behind our backs: Holding hands!!' said Cole as he marched towards us with his platter.

 'Let them be, Cole! You jealous or what?' completed Meldy, placing hers on the table.

 The scent of the succulent crisp chicken was filling up my nostrils and my mouth was watering. I think we'll pass a good moment!

 Riven's POV

 'Miam! That was a great lunch!' said Meldy as she wiped her mouth clean.

 'Yeah, I approve!' continued Rosy.

 'Come on, Rosy! Let’s go to the toilets to complete our makeup.'

 'Ok!'

 As they both walked away, Rosy's brown hair flew in the light breeze. She can be shy but she is very cool. I think that what I liked with was her was her unique character.

 Suddenly, Cole punched my arm and yelled: 'Hey man, come back to reality! I know you like her, there's no need to show it!'

 I burst into giggles and said: 'How about the blond one...Meldy?'

 'Meldy huh...a nice fish!' He paused. 'I know she likes me, so I'm gonna let her do the first step.'

 'You really sure 'bout that?'

 'Yeah!! Girls are fond of me!'

 I shook my head and our conversation shifted to basketball stuffs. I was the captain and Cole was my representative.

 He once did go out with Kelly but she dumped him because he was less famous than me. Can you believe that girl? How could anyone like her, she is so machiavelic.

 Meldy's POV

 I applied some gloss on my lips as well as some eyeliner on my eyes. I blinked and smiled at my reflection in the mirror. Oh god, I gotta straighten my hair.

 On the other hand, Rosy was just washing her hands and started at me. 'Are we going somewhere else that you're putting that much makeup?'

 I glanced at her from the corner of my eye and said: 'Rose, the most important thing for a girl is to appear beautiful in front of guys. This is the top priority. Look at you! Put some gloss, everything has been wiped off!'

 I took my lip gloss, the red one and captured her mouth. At first, she tried to wrestle but after my warnings, she surrendered.

 'There you go! See, it's a beautiful color and that suits you well. Riven will like it!'

 She nearly suffocated and glared at me. I simply continued my makeup and she sighed.

 Minutes later, Rosy asked me: ‘Meldy how did you managed to...contact Riven?'

 I stared at her and smiled. 'It's a secret!'

 She frowned and replied: 'Meldy, no secrets between us. Besides, I'm still mad at you for having given my number to HIM!'

 This time I had no choice but to reveal it. I didn't want Rosy to be angry with me for such weak reasons.

 'Fine, I'll tell you. Well, yesterday, when I was walking on the streets to the park, I met with Cole. He was alone with his bike. So, an idea flashed in my mind...you know what! I went to talk to him about my plans and he said: "Hell no I'll come! Just tell Riven, but not me!" Believe me, at that time, I was struggling hard not to hit him but I managed to convince him!'

 Rosy's mouth formed an 'O' shape and she shook her head. 'But you should have told me first!'

 'I know but you know, I really wanted to talk to Cole and that idea struck me...so I kind of took this opportunity!'

 'Cole?' she repeated.

 'Yes, Cole! He's hot!'

 She burst into laughter and said: 'Ok, so I can forgive you for this time. In the future, you need to tell me before, 'kay?'

 I smiled at her and we hugged each other like Best Friends does!!

---------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update! I was supposed to post it on Tuesday but I felt so lazy to type...

Lol!! Just kidding >.< Please don't take it seriously!

Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and comment.

Love you all ;)