Chapter 3

I couldn’t sleep all night since my mind was flying elsewhere to find an answer to an extremely important question: Why did that guy called me sweety? Oh gosh, how it bothered me!!

So, you might think that I was tired but no…I was like a baby who just had her sleep. It might seem bizarre but it was true: I wasn’t sleepy at all. Instead, I was totally excited. Strange reaction when you have to return something to a guy who you don’t know and who nicknamed you 'sweety'.

My brother left me at the entrance of the school and I rushed inside. I still can feel those eyes on me. They had a good point doing that since I was soooo RIDICULOUS yesterday. But it couldn’t be helped, I had to give him back his jersey, which I carefully ironed.

I hoped he would forget those awful moments or else I'll be drop dead. I won’t be able to face him anymore!!

‘ROSE!!! Wait for me!’ shouted someone.

It was Meldy. I stopped and she joined me, breathless.

‘Are you Ok?’ I asked cautiously.

‘Yeah…!’ She paused. ‘You still have that jersey!!’

‘Well, the thing is that, I don’t know where he is…’

‘Don’t worry, we’ll give it to him in lunch. I’ll show you the way!

‘Um, thanks!' She grabbed my hand and we went to our classes. Fortunately, she didn’t raise that Riven topic as our conversation since I was still in shock.

***

As I entered my classroom, everyone, without exception, stared at me in a disgusting way. I guess that the reason behind it was Riven. Gosh, what have I done wrong in my life??

I simply ignored them and went straight to my place at the back. Two girls sitting in front turned round to face me and the blonde one said: ‘Who are you?’

‘I-I’m Rosy Evans! Nice to meet you…’

‘Phump…what did Riven find ‘sweet’ in you?’ she continued.

‘Excuse me?’ I asked, feeling shocked at her question.

‘Yeah! And you really ain’t Riven’s type of girl!’ added the other one.

 ‘He’s worth much more than you!!’ completed that blonde girl.

My jaw fell down as I heard those creepy words. I didn’t know that they hated me that much. Damn, I was cursed.

When my teacher came in, it was the happiest time of my life, I mean, till now, because those two girls had to sit well and therefore, turn round.

Phew…thirty minutes of peace and when the bell rang, I ran as fast as possible out of the class to avoid any contacts with them.

***

‘Can you believe how awful they were to me?’ I said, plaintively to Meldy as we walked across the corridors of the school. ‘Do you think they hate me? Do you think they represent a threat to me??’

‘Oh, no Rosy! What are you thinking?’

‘What? I'm just asking!’

‘They’re just cheerleaders, it’s just normal for them to be jealous! Besides, I hate them all, especially that ‘Blondie’ one named Kelly!’

‘I thought that they were usually interested in the best athlete of the school!’

Meldy burst out into laughter and nodded. ‘Yes, you're right!’

‘Then why are they…Oh, dear, you don’t mean that…!

‘…it is Riven! Yeah, that’s true. He is the captain of the basketball team.’

‘Really? Someone like him?’

‘Yup. Plus, he’s the hottest guy of the school!’ she said mischievously.

‘I bet he is a playboy!’

‘Oh no! He never did go out with someone…till now!’

‘Are you serious?’

‘Of course. Kelly wanted to date him but he refused!’

‘What? He dumped her! That one’s funny!’

‘Yeah! So here we are!’ Meldy stopped in front of the gym’s door. ‘Riven’s inside. Go and see him!’

‘Alone? No way, you come with me!’

‘No, I can’t…I have to meet with someone. Bye and say ‘hi’ to Riven for me!’

‘Meldy!! Oh, she left me alone! Damn it!’ I turned ninety degree to face the entrance doors. I took a deep calming breath and opened the doors.

The blue-dressed boys were 'running' after an orange colored ball and were enjoying shooting them into the required place, that is, the basket. The cheerleaders were also there and I knew they were looking at me from the corner of their devilish eyes.

As I made a step in front, the handsome guys stopped and looked at me. I could hear murmurs coming from their mouths.

‘H-hi, um, where’s Riven?’ I demanded nervously.

‘Behind you, sweety!’

I whirled my head round and saw Riven standing in front of me. He was very tall, taller than me and looked hot. Sweat was falling onto his neck and his blue shirt was stuck on his torso, with his muscular arms uncovered.

I was bewitched. I think that he really deserved the tittle of the hottest guy. I blinked and he smirked at me, throwing me into another world.

‘You’ve washed it?’ he asked, amused by my shyness.

‘Um, yeah! H-here it is!’ I handed him his clean jersey which he took from me. He sniffed it and said: ‘It smells nice! I like that perfume!’

‘Really…I mean thanks!’

He gave me a warm smile which melted my heart.

‘Hey Riven, you plan on talking to her all day long?’ shouted one of the players.

‘Yeah, I'm coming, bro!’ yelled back Riven to his friend. ‘See you around, sweety!’

He passed by me and joined his friends.

When I got out of the gym, I realised that he called me ‘sweety’ again. What was wrong with him? Those girls told me that I wasn’t his type, so why did he keep calling me like this? Maybe he was joking or he wanted to take revenge on me because I spilled food on him. I’ll opt for the first one. It was most obvious that he was making fun of me.

Damn, that guy was driving me CRAZY!

I'm just a shy girl who knew nothing of guys, I mean, more or less nothing of them since I have a big brother at home. I wish I could read their minds. That would be easier.

-------------------------------------------------------

That chapter was a little bit... I dont know!! Please comment and tell me what you think!

Thanks for reading!

Love you all <3