Bloodlust

☽2☾

Once Cassian opened the door I fell to the floor within it. My chest was heaving with exhaustion and adrenaline. I can’t believe we were almost caught by an entire pack. Our scents were all over that place, I soon realized.

“Cassian,” I started to say, but he already had our things packed and held in his arms.

“Let’s go, now.” He said in a demanding tone.

“Where are we going?” I asked as we walked out of the warehouse.

“Anywhere, but Georgia, I’m thinking the west coast, maybe California.”

“No,” I shook my head not liking California. “It’s too bright, we will surely look uncomfortable, and we’ve got to go somewhere else. Perhaps New York, you did say there was another pack there.” Cassian tilted his head in thought.

“Yeah, I like that idea Caroline. Come on.”

            In about six hours we were in New York, just outside of Albany. We found a small motel in New Scotland, New York. It’d be an easy ten minutes run to Albany. We decided to try and take out this small pack of twenty, two days from now. Cassian and I need our rest. We’ve ran much more today than we have in months. We need to rejuvenate and make sure we’re ready for battle, now that Cassian is back into the hunting with me; we need to learn to work together.

            Cassian and I went to a bar a few miles away to get a drink. Normally we don’t like to embrace our vampire side and hurt humans, but when we really need to handle the bloodlust we will take two to three humans at most. So, now that Cassian was just outside the bar with two young females he began the enticing. I stood across the street to make sure he doesn’t screw up. Even though he is very old, he looks maybe twenty-two at most. I, on the other hand, look twenty. Usually I either entice or compel bartenders or bouncers that I’m twenty-one. Cassian took two “innocent” females from inside the bar. They both looked nineteen with obvious fake IDs. Before we pick victims we dig around in their head for a bit to make sure no one will really mourn them for long once they’ve been found missing. Luckily for us, these two girls only had each other. If they’re both dead no one will be upset. I watched as Cassian expertly flirted with the two girls. They were practically throwing themselves at him. His face lifted and his deep navy eyes flashed at me. That was the signal I was looking for. I started walking down the sidewalk back towards the hotel. Cassian was also walking the same pace with both girls on the opposite side of the street. His black hair gleamed off of the street lights. Even from here I could smell the cheap perfume on the girls. I instinctively wrinkled my nose.

“Come on girls, I’m sorry but I can’t take you directly to my house. We have to go to this small motel first.” Cassian waved a taxi over. He and the girls climbed in. I ran back to the motel so I got things ready before he came. I grabbed some chains and suspended them from the ceiling. I needed a stool to reach, so the girls will definitely be more than three inches off of the ground. “Don’t worry girls; the initial pain will be replaced with pleasure.” A deep male voice said which was followed by giggles. Cassian is here with our snacks. I ran into the bathroom just as Cas opened the door. The girls were too busy feeling Cas’s arms and giggling that they didn’t even notice the set up I had in the middle of the room. I heard the clinking of handcuffs as Cas hooked the girls up to their chains in the ceiling.

“Um Cassian…what are you going to do?” A small blonde who was wearing too much makeup asked.

“Don’t worry Samantha, everything will be alright.” After he suspended the two girls he pulled out the two large buckets we brought. He placed one underneath each girl.