Chapter 4: The P.A

Kristin's P.O.V

I walked in the building 5mins. before 8. I still can’t believe that I am working in here. I saw my boss as he walked down the stairs. He can pass as a model actually. With his height and boyish look, and the fact that he is wearing a v-neck white muscle shirt and straight cut denim pants. Man! Handsome! I sigh. A guy like him and his friend especially would never look my way. Ever. Unlike them, I am just plain, ordinary. Typical American girls with blonde hair and fair complexion. Also I just stand 5’2. So literally they will never spot me at crowds. I mean, everyone towered me.

“Wow. You’re 5mins. early huh.” he smiled. “Come on. I still didn’t have breakfast.” We went to the diner beside his office. After we ate he handed me a contract saying that I will be his P.A for 2 years. After I sign, we ate and he asked me to bring out all the contents of my bag. I complied.

Contents of my bag:

1. my wallet

2. phone

3. a notebook with pen

4. bottled water

5. umbrella

6. sanitizer

 “I definitely need to buy you a new phone.” he told me. As he looked at it.

“No. It’s okay. You don’t have to actually. It’s okay. You can call and text me with it.”

“No. I need you to have a smart phone like mine. In your work. Email is very important, and remember you are the one that the client will contact not me. You will be receiving a lot of emails. And besides the phone I am going to give you will help you do your job efficiently.” he showed me his phone and I gasped. Iphone 4s?!! He is going to buy me an Iphone?! This job is getting better and better.

“The phone is not a company property. Consider it my welcome gift to you.” he smiled. “Ohhhh, and before I forgot we also have a dress code. You can were anything semi formal. But never a jeans and slipper. Always be presentable.” I nod. We went for a drive to look for a house. We saw a for sale/lease sign and we pull over. The house is actually 30mins. away from the office. Once we were out of the car, a mid-age woman greeted us.

“Hello. I am Elizabeth Lindon.” We went inside, “As you can see, the house is fully furnished. We are in the living room area. It is not that big but spacious enough. This is actually my husband and I’s first house in here. We just decided to sell this house because we think it is not wise to have two house in the same neighborhood.” she chuckled.

“The house is nice. Why did you left and find another one?” Aiden asked.

“Well, our family is growing. At first it is okay since we only have one. But now, that I am pregnant with our third child. Even though this house is nice and had a lot of memories, we need to move into a bigger one. We first thought to just expand it. But then we realized that we want to build our dream house for the kids. Build new memories and of course the since the house is planned by us, it means a lot to us that this house will ever be because were the one who planned and designed it the way we want to.” she states. I looked at boss. He grinned.

“Build and design it?” Aiden asked. Elizabeth grinned.

“Yeah. I am a license Interior designer. My husband Charlie is an Engineer.” He grinned.

“Oh. I am Aiden Reynolds. I am an Architect.” They shake hands. “And this is my P.A Kristin Lawrence.” We shake hands again. “SO… do you guys work in a firm?” he asked.

“Oh no. My husband and I were both freelancer. We used to work in a firm. Actually we met there, we resigned though.” she sadly sigh. I wonder why she seemed to miss it by the way she looked.