Epilogue

Nova

Today was my court date. Nervous couldn't describe the way I was shaking. Star walked in and smiled at me, sitting on a bench. I rose from the bench and walked over to her.

"Calm down. Everything will be alright." She cooed, rubbing my back. I slowly nodded and took a deep breath.

"You alright ?" She asked, looking directly at me.

"Yes, I'm just trying to get thing over with." I confessed. She nodded her head and she led me out of the hallway. I walked through the wooden door and looked into the court room. My eyes first connected to the camera in the corner of the courtroom, I'm probably on CNN and NBC right now. I saw my lawyer, Bryson Collins, and behind him was everyone and everything I knew.

Elaina, Victor, Eli, Abby and other members of the team. Then I caught the eyes of Odell. He still looked the same after these two months. He slightly smiled and so did I.

"Mommy !"

I look over to see Lani and Ley , standing up in the seats, waving their hands. I beamed as tears fell down my face, looking at them. I wiped them away with my sleeve.

"Hi guys." I faked whispered loudly.

"We love you !" They whispered loudly.

"Love you too !" I faked whispered as I had to turn around and wait for the judge. A few moments later, an older white man walked in.

"Rise for Judge Kage."

Everyone stood up and waited for him to sit down. Soon after everyone else sat down, I was still standing with Mr. Collins and on the other side, Jonathan Kage's wife, Raina Kage, was standing beside her lawyer.

"You may all sit down." He commanded. All of us sat down and my eyes held contact to the floor.I felt Raina Kage's eyes burning a hole in my face. I hope she stops looking at me and I'm going to jail anyway, so why waste my time ?

"Ms. Star, what did you do that night before you murdered Mr.Kage ?"

"Um, I put on a nice dress. Went to dinner with someone and-"

"Who was that person ?" He interrogated.

"Just a friend." I clarified, ready to finish my story. He started to look at the papers and told me to continue.

"And he took me to the abandoned building and-"

"He ?"

"Yes he. But I went in and a white man told me where to go. I went to the door I was supposed to go to, and umm Kage was umm- he was....." I trailed off. I saw Raina Kage's eyes stare at me.

"He was what ?"

I stayed silent ,looking to the ground.

"He was, what ?"

"He was basically getting his dick sucked ?"I said, sounding like a question.

A million gasps filled the room and words were taking over the courtroom. Judge Kage threw his gavel down and waited for silence. Once the silence took place , he continued.

"And then..?"

"He tried to fuck me ?" I said, more as an question.

More gasps filled up the room but after they were done, silence took over the room.

"And then ?"

" Well first off he told me to sit down in one of the chairs, I sat down and one of my heels fell off. As I reached for it, I ended up touching a gun. I hid the gun and he started to talk to me, saying all this stuff. And we started to get physical and I shot him. But I never meant to kill him." I stated, looking directly in the judge's eyes.

Soon a cry interrupted the eye contact.

"YOU LIAR YOU KILLED HIM ON PURPOSE !" I look to see Raina with a red face.

"WHY WOULD I KILL HIM ON PURPOSE ? I hardly even known him but I can he broke you to fucking pieces. You are over there yelling at me when I saved your life. I can tell that you can't cover up your bruises enough because I fucking see them right there ! And he was a pimp. You know what that is ? He puts weak women on the street and makes them fuck people. He put mothers, aunts, sisters, even grandmothers on the street. And he was a fucking drug dealer for crying out loud! He was going to die anyway. And be honest right now, did even know about any of these things ?"

The look in her eyes showed it all.

"Exactly. How am I murder when he took more lives than I have ever thought about ?" I explained , staring at her. She wiped her tears and sat down.

"So what were saying judge ?" I asked, politely.

"I think I have seen enough for the day. Five minute recess." He said, pounding the gavel. He got out of his chair and was escorted out and so was the jury. Star opened the two swing doors that connected to the crowd and the twins ran to me. I pulled them into a big hug, not letting go. Once I let them go, they told me stories about stuff that happened when I was in the holding until a court order.

"When you get to come home ?" Lani said, looking up at me. I sighed deeply.

"I don't know when I will be able to leave." I said, truthfully. I saw the disappointment on their faces. Soon the judge walked back in and sat down. My nervous had me shaking again.

"Jury, how do you find the verdict ?"

An older white woman stood up.

"We find her guilty with second degree murder, association with drugs and prostitution. She also gets two counts of child kidnapping and the children will go to their real mother, not this one that kidnapped them." She said, smiling at me and sitting down.

"You will serve ten years in prison, Ms. Star. Good day."The judge pounded his gavel and left with the jury. Raina smirked and walked over to me.

"You made your bed and now you have to lye in it." She said,smiling and walking away. I left her alone and looked to the girls. I ran away to them, hugging and kissing them.

"Mommy you coming home ?"

"I-I can't baby, I'm sorry.But let me give you these." I said, taking off my bracelet and necklace. I put the bracelet on Ley and wrapping the necklace around Lani's neck.

"It's pretty. Why you give it to us ?"

"Just remember me, okay ?" I said. Soon heels clacked over and I looked up to see my egg donor, Macy Gray, standing close to us. I stood up and walked into her face, looking her in the eye.

"Whatever you fucking do, make sure they are unharmed. They are your first and last breath, 24/7.Don't black out. Don't drink or smoke. And no men better ever fucking touch them, because if I found out they have been touched. You will be buried right next to the man I killed, got it ?" I snapped.

The look of fear was in her face and I knew it. I heard boots come closer to me and I knew I had to go.

"I love everyone who came for me today. All of you." I said, looking at every single one of them including Odell, who matched eyes with me. Before I knew it, I kissed him with everyone gasping. I blushed with embarrassment as Star pulled me away. My mom stared at her strangely.

"Any last words for anyone ?" Star said looking at everyone and then me.

"Luna?" My mom said, staring at Star.

"Mom?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And done.

Vote & Comment

Read My Other Books